1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greetings.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Craig Betts, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Craig Betts

Craig Betts Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greetings to you. I found this forum while doing a search, and I hope that it will serve to be a helpful resource and tool for me as I journey through some difficult theological waters. I look forward to hearing from other members and also to contributing my VERY limited resources and understanding of some of the deeper points of theological debate. I currently am a part time music minister in my local Southern Baptist Church in PA (irony of ironies that we are in the greater northern part of the country! LOL....). I am a public High School Spanish Teacher in my 23rd year of teaching. I am also a musician of over 40 years with a deep love for all types of Christian music that are theologically sound. I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, collecting antique electric fans, and also staying healthy by walking and doing calisthenics to keep my 51 year old body in some kind of decent shape. I've known the Lord Jesus since I was 8 years old and have found my walk with Him to grow truly sweeter as the days go by!

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hola, Craig. Welcome to the Baptist Board! I hope you find it a blessing to you.

3. Craig Betts

Craig Betts Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ¿Hablas español? Couldn't resist asking you since you said "hola" in your greeting. Me encantaria concocer otra persona aqui que hable español.

Bendiciones....

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only very poorly, and with lessening ability. I've never studied Spanish "officially" but have learned some by working with Spanish speakers and using "self-help" books. Currently, I do not work with any Spanish speakers and find myself forgetting much of what I learned. So, no, you have not met someone here who speaks Spanish yet! Hopefully you will.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the board.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to Baptist Board. I hope you find it edifying.

7. Craig Betts

Craig Betts Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    jaja....no worries on that one. Glad to have met you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the BB Craig.

9. Craig Betts

Craig Betts Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many thanks to you all for the kind welcoming comments. I look forward to future dialogues with you.

10. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the BB Craig, hope you enjoy your time here... I tried to learn Spanish at one time but it never took but I do remember my Spanish teacher was Mr. Guerrero to this day... Don't forget to roll those rrr's... Brother Glen:)

Btw... Spanish would have been a feather in my cap, being born and raised in San Diego, Ca and residing there for 57 years, 25 miles from the border... Oh well!!!

11. Craig Betts

Craig Betts Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ¡Por supuesto! I have so many students who struggle to roll those r's. Such is the life of a Spanish teacher. Yes, you were in an ideal place to learn. We lived in Texas for 2.5 years and I was surrounded by Mexicans.

Thanks for the kind words.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since you are a Spanish teacher can I put you on the spot here... Not trying to derail this thread but tell me what is the difference between Castilian and the Spanish taught and spoken in Mexico?... Brother Glen:)

13. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the board, Craig.