1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grizzlyadams.tv

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by just-want-peace, Sep 11, 2005.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saw part of a program last night re: the "Faith of President Bush", and this is the source of the CD.

Was wondering if any of you have had any dealings with this outfit, & if so, your experience.

Lots of interesting topics, but subject to off-beat leanings, so I just would like to have some input from anybody who may have read/seen these presentations.

http://grizzlyadams.tv/

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Headquarters is in Oregon so they have to be good :)

They are associated with PAX tv network which is fairly family oriented.

No personal association with them.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, exscentric.

Well, either nobody else has any experience with them, or I forgot to use my deodorant yesterday!? :D

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you really want a comment on that :D

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

While it's true that GW Bush is a man of deep Christian faith, the website contains a bit of incorrect data. It sites that George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were of Christian faith. While that's evident in the case of Lincoln, the fact is that there is too little from Washington to discern whether he was Christian or not. I personally think he probably was, but the fact remains that records and statements in this area are lacking. The website presents Washington's Christian faith as a matter of historical fact, which is not the case.

Still, I'd enjoy seeing this program, and, despite the above, have no reason to believe that the program is in any significant way faulty in its content.

6. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As for George Washington, or any other American historical figure, I urge you to get the great, great work of William Federer, titled "Great Quotations." It's an absolutely masterful collection, available in electronic form. He has an extensive and lengthy collection of quotes about Washington. I submit but one brief quote:

A 24 page prayer book, entitled “Daily Sacrifice,” is credited to have been handwritten by George Washington in 1752:

Most Gracious Lord God, from whom proceedeth every good and perfect gift, I offer to Thy Divine Majesty my unfeigned praise and thanksgiving for all Thy mercies towards me. Thou mad’st me at first and hast ever since sustained the work of Thy own hand; Thou gav’st Thy Son to die for me; and hast given me assurance of salvation, upon my repentance and sincerely endeavoring to conform my life to His holy precepts and example.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not the place here to argue about the faith of Washington, Lincoln or Bush, but the quotation above is good Anglican theology. Nothing "born again" evangelical about it.

As for Grizzly TV, is that the company that did "Texas Chain Saw Massacre"? [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Never have heard of them, seriously)