1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Group Summons Global Body of Christ to Church Council

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jerome, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Reformation 500 Church Council aims to produce a "Global Generic Statement of Faith":

www.reformationsa.org/index.php/component/eventlist/details/444-Reformation500%20Church%20Council-wittenberg-germany

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think that is where the Catholic church finally decides the following -
    1. No more praying to the dead
    2. No more purgtory stories
    3. No more indulgences stories
    4. No more about the RCC priests "having powers" to turn bread into the "body soul and divinity" of God - ... powers (their term not mine) that they say "cannot be revoked" even if the priest is excommunicated for teaching against the Bible
    5. No more "Doctrine of Discovery" where those who discover new lands are free to kill all inhabitants of those lands that refuse to convert to Catholicism.
    6. No more baptizing infants as if the priest had "the power" to mark the soul and send the infant to heaven via his "power alone" and nothing at all about the acceptance of the Gospel by the infant
    7. No more about Mary being "sinless like Christ" while she lived on earth..
    8. No more "Mary the mother of God" unless they can find it in the actual Bible. Surely some Apostle loved Mary enough to use that term --as if using procreation terms were in fact an accurate way to describe an "incarnation" event.

(and I can think of a few more... but this list is good for this thread)

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually - I think the "obvious" common ground they "should" be able to get to is --- "no tolerance for physical violence based on thought-police ideas" so then no violence against religious groups that do not agree with what you say and prefer the Bible "instead".