1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Growing Doubts on Palin Take a Toll, Poll Finds

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Oct 31, 2008.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

October 31, 2008
    Growing Doubts on Palin Take a Toll, Poll Finds
    By MICHAEL COOPER and DALIA SUSSMAN
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/u...p=1&adxnnlx=1225491426-aywxRdWevBgrptHWHYHVdA

A growing number of voters have concluded that Senator John McCain’s running mate, Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, is not qualified to be vice president, weighing down the Republican ticket in the last days of the campaign, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

All told, 59 percent of voters surveyed said Ms. Palin was not prepared for the job, up nine percentage points since the beginning of the month. Nearly a third of voters polled said the vice-presidential selection would be a major factor influencing their vote for president, and those voters broadly favor Senator Barack Obama, the Democratic nominee.

And in a possible indication that the choice of Ms. Palin has hurt Mr. McCain’s image, voters said they had much more confidence in Mr. Obama to pick qualified people for his administration than they did in Mr. McCain.

Bolstered by the fiscal crisis and deep concerns about the direction of the country, Mr. Obama has seemed to solidify the support he has gained in recent months. When likely voters were asked whom they would vote for in an expanded field that included several third-party candidates, Mr. Obama got the support of 52 percent of them, Mr. McCain 39 percent, Bob Barr 1 percent, and Ralph Nader 2 percent.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Articles like this will only make it harder on lefties when McCain wins.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If the New York Times wrote it, then wow gee whiz, thats better than the Bible. What a bunch of baloney. The fact is, regardless of the half wits at the NYT, Sarah Palin has twice the experience of Barack Obama, and she is VP.

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Any doubts I had/have about Palin have grown no more than have the ones I had/have about the rest of the stellar crowd running in this election.

Of course the only polls I've been asked to participate in this election season were if I planned to vote.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea the NYT probably polled Chicago.

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

This just show that people aren't generally given much to thought. They respond emotionally rather than intelligently. The funny thing is that these are the same people who think Obama and Biden are qualified. So I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

This just show that people aren't generally given much to thought. They respond emotionally rather than intelligently.

8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Thanks for agreeing with me. But it makes me wonder why you posted this article to begin with. If I were you, I would not be proud that the people voting for my candidate are not doing so out of intelligence. But I guess, given your persuasion, that you don't care how you win as long as you win.

Let's face the reality: No one who gives any reasonable thought to the issue thinks that Obama is qualified or prepared. He is simply not connected to Bush and that is why people like him.

The greatest testament to Obama's utter lack of qualification is that following eight years of a failed presidency, and running against someone who is fairly closely connected to Bush, Obama has virtually no lead heading into the final weekend. It is hard to imagine that anyone else could do that poorly. But people don't like Obama and for good reason.

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I was pointing your statement back at YOU.

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only "qualifications" for Vice President are in the Constitution, and I don't see where she fails them. If "she's unqualified" is code-speak for I hate that stupid woman, then can the hypocrisy and say the real thought.

11. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Why? That doesn't even make any sense.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh please!

The New York Slimes, fer cryin' out loud.:rolleyes:

Gimme a break.:laugh:

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think Obama shows great leadership qualities. Even if you don't agree with his policies and positions, one must agree he has run the best political campaign I have ever seen. He has surrounded himself with quality people from both sides of the isle. His initial message was giving a tax break to 95% of Americans and his closing message is that same message. I think McCain message changes each day with the exception of Joe the plumber. Obama also has the most disciplined campaign and they have made good use of ever modern technology.

I also like the leadership he showed when the crises was announced. While McCain appeared the next morning with his six point plan to fix the economy, Obama was meeting with economic experts, past presidents and Paulson trying to fully understand the situation and its impact. After 8 years of a guy who shoots from the hip, I will like to see a leader think things through and actually listen to experts and consider their advice. Perhaps his solution wouldn't have been a $700 Billion bailout plan that doesn't appear as urgently needed as we were made to believe.

I think McCain would make a good president but I think Obama will be a better leader.

14. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typical!!!!

15. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I would have no problem if my taxes don't get cut since I know the state of the economy. I also see no reason why the top 5% can't afford another 3% increase since as you admit, we do need revenue.

In my view it's a glimpse of the kind of administration he would run. When a candidate can't run a campaign, how do you expect them to do better with a nation?

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And he was lying from beginning to end.

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

But it was a consistent lie instead of a new lie each day. In political standards, he's an honest man.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So just who is it that "deserves" that money out of their income?

20. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it as well myself!:godisgood: :thumbs: