1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Growing Doubts on Palin Take a Toll, Poll Finds

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Oct 31, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can see why you would be OK with that.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal are objectively the finest newspapers in the U.S.

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Obama is a slick tongued con artist, a ward healer and jester from the streets of Chicago, schooled for 20 years at the feet of the America hating Marxist Jeremiah Wright. Furthermore he lies when talking about giving a tax cut to 95% of since 40+% of Americans don't pay taxes Federal income taxes.

As for your statement Obama was meeting with economic experts, past presidents and Paulson trying to fully understand the situation and its impact. that is a joke, invented, as they say, out of whole cloth.

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Certainly not the poor, the sick, or the orphaned. Only Christians would choose to give their money to them.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're nuts.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you think they "deserve" their income?

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You just ain't got no class.

9. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Obama has himself on his mind..... not the good of the country.... some may call this 'leadership'. I call them stupid!

10. targus

targus New Member

No doubt a Christian can and should choose to give their money to help the poor.

But should a Christian choose to give someone else's money?

That would be theft - not a Christian quality.

11. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I haven't seen any. As you know, campaigns are rarely run by candidates, but by managers. Obama is a good speaker. That's it so far.

He hasn't surrounded himself with quality people from both sides. And he didn't run his campaign.

But it's not true, and consistent lies are still lies. In fact, they are in some sense worse because he has told something he knows is not true. At the beginning he could have been accused of dreaming big. But by now he has been told countless times that he can't give a tax break to 95% and still says it anyway. That's not leadership. That's manipulation of people.

In an article interviewing Bill Clinton, Clinton said that Obama had no idea what to do in the recent financial crisis. He gathered people together and said "Tell me what to do and I will sell it." That's not leadership by Obama. That's his admission that he is nothing more than a face. Think about it. Here is a guy who wants to be president who has no idea what to do. If he had said, "Give me ideas and options and I will decide" that would be one thing. But at that time, the difference between McCain and Obama was as stark as ever. McCain, whether right or wrong in his policy, said "Let's go get a solution." Obama said, "Let me keep campaigning" and now we know it is because he didn't have a clue what to do.

Did you know that for the last two years in the Senate, Obama has studiously avoided taking positions on controversial issues in order not to be pigeon-holed in this election? On PBS a couple of weeks ago there wasn interesting profile of him that, to thinking people at least, was not flattering. It showed a weak candidate whose only goal was to get elected. As a result, he tried to avoid a lot of issues.

And when you think about it, the only thing he was "strong" on was the war, and turned out he was on the wrong side of that in opposing the surge.

So Obama is a good speaker who has no idea how to lead. He is simply a pretty face that the Democratic party chose because they knew that good speaking helps win elections. Obama is a pawn of the bigger forces.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Maybe bigger forces than any of us realize. Leadership is a quality from within. I see no connection between a good orator, a state senator, a US Senator, and leadership. He has no executive experience. He never created one job.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Sorta, the candidate has the last word and he picks the managers. McCain certainly has a more hands on approach in his campaign. I do not deny that.

You are twisting the message, he said he will not raise the taxes on 95%. Remember, $200K to $250k will see no change in their taxes. I also haven't heard anyone but conservatives saying he can't do it so I don't know WHO you mean told him countless times. Is it the same people who keep saying rasing taxes on the top 5% will make American's loose their jobs? If so, I don't buy that lie either.

Stretching the truth is not limited to Obama, McCain continually says he will balance the budget in his first term. A feat every economist including his lead economist says is impossible. He also says at every rally that Obama will raise your taxes. Unless his crowds are all in the top 5 percentile then that too is manipulation of people. How do you see the mote in your brothers eye and not consider the beam in thine own eye?

I believe Clinton has ulterior motives that I won't go in to. There is no secret Clinton is not 100% in Obama camp and this is not the only half hearted comment he's made against Obama. I believe the foundational primes of what he said could be kind of true but the words are definitely not a direct quote.

In my view, a good leader, whose expertise and study is in law is suddenly presented an catastrophic economic crises, assembles a team of top economic experts, I would expect that leader to come humbly as opposed to making like he has all the answers or pretending whatever knowledge he has is close to being equal to the experts. This is a desired and strong quality in a good leader and not something in which to criticize?

The king in the game of chess is not the most capable piece. There are many pieces with far more ability than the king. Yet the king is the center of focus and solely shoulders the face success or failure.

Any good presidency is not a person, it's an administration. The person we choose president is merely the face for that administration. There is no way any person can be an expert on everything. He is more a "jack of all trades but a master of none". I still believe Obama is a good leader who will assemble a qualified bipartisan cabinet and run it like a well oiled machine.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Which differs from McCain how? And don't forget Obama has the exact same experience as Abraham Lincoln.

Besides, executive experience doesn't guarantee a good president. Bush had executive experience, what does that mean?

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having realized your candidate has been lying to you, you now try to lie to us rather than admit the truth.

Shame on you.

16. targus

targus New Member

When the Bush tax cuts sunset in 2010 no doubt the democrats will call it the Bush Tax Increase even if the democrats control Congress and the White House.

17. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Personally, I like Palin.
    That she is an 'outsider' as far as Washington goes..... I think is one giant plus.
    That she has held administrative and executive positions.... is a plus.
    That she has had to reconsider and change her position on some things and can do so gracefully ...... is a plus.
    As for the accusation of her delegating to others....... all people in administrative/executive positions do this or they would not be able to lead. They can delegate lower level decision making to others and hold them accountable but the power is always retained by the executive.

In my estimation......... to many people are judging this duo as though McCain is dead and Palin is President. While this could happen to any duo running.... still, as VP, Palin will more likely have an opportunity to 'study' the Presidency from the inside which will give her more experience should she rise to the highest office than Obama would have before he assumes office.

As for Obama.... he lies to us and will lie to others:
    That means he lacks one major ingredient essential for good leadership.....INTEGRITY.

Obama has a proven record of lacking decision making and risk taking skills:
    So in his brief time in the Senate, he has chosen to not past on the will of his people or vote for the good of our country 130 times.

18. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Palin scares the life out of me. Every time I've heard her interviewed, she has come across as inept and clueless to the point of being even more moronic than Dubya (if that's possible); it's no wonder that the press over here have dubbed her 'Cretina DeVille' and pointed out the splendid irony of a 'pro-life' candidate being depicted more often than not toting a gun:laugh: . She would be an unmitigated disaster foreign policy-wise (which is what we 'forriners' obviously care about) and choosing her as running-mate was the worst decision of McCain's campaign.

Just my $0.02...I'm waiting for the usual peanut-gallery suspects to chime in with the tired old mantra of "You're a forriner, it's none of your business, we don't care what you think, na-na-na-nana". Whatever...

19. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it is very interesting to listen to Europeans talk about the election. Individuals from all over Europe come through the seminary for one reason or another. The other day at breakfast we had a man from the Netherlands, Estonia and Sweden. I ask, "What will the response be if Obama wins?"

The man from the Netherlands said, "We will start to breath again."

The man from Sweden said he knew no one who hoped McCain would win.

The man from Estonia said that the general population is heavily for Obama, but the politicians, being right wingers and hard liners [old Communist hold overs] are for McCain.

A man was being interviewed on TV and his comment was most interesting. He said, "Most Europeans view Republicians as being mean old white men."

[Their comments, not mine ... I just sat and listened.]

20. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks for listening! Were I an American citizen, I would have a real dilemma on Tuesday: much as I dislike the McCain-Palin ticket, the abortion issue would be a real stumbling-block in casting a vote for Obama. We don't have that kind of party-political polarisation over here on that issue so it's kind of hard for me to understand why it has become such a party-political hot potato over your side of the Pond. But, yes, as a foreigner, judging America by her foreign policy, we certainly seem to have had a less nervous world under a Democrat than Republican incumbent of the White House in recent years.