1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Guitars.

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Kayla, Jan 22, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

My Yamaha is set up more less to be an inexpensive jazz box it's only about 2 1/2 inches thick. An electric that I can get great acoustic sound from and it has a shorter scale than my Tele so the strings feel a little "springier". Better to fingerpick with and I can bend like Albert King, well I can try anyways. ;)

I can't tell you what brand my old resophonic is. There is no name on it. It's black shiny just the right size and loud with a round neck. I use it for bluegrass old timey country and blues. It's set up with an unwound "G" string so I can do some delta blues licks with bends. I keep putting a glass slide on my pinky finger to noodle around with but haven't gotten serious about it. Yet. [​IMG] Oh yeah, banjo rolls sure sound neat on it. :D

2. joymark

joymark New Member

I agree with above statements about the Takamine G series guitars. They are great. I have a Takamine EG533SC that I paid just over $500 for on sale, and it sounds as good or better than most of the other guitars I've played on other than the really high end Martins, Taylor and Larrivees.

Most important, go to the store and get the guitars in your hand and play them before you make a decision. I personally would NEVER order a guitar, even if it were the same model of one that I played in a store and fell in love with. No two guitars are EVER the same.

String choice and pick choice makes a big difference as well. I went through many different types of strings and picks until I settled on Elixir Nanoweb mediums, and Dunlop Tortex yellow (.73mm) picks. That doesn't mean they're the best, just the best for me.

Keep strumming for our LORD!