1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H2b

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by thjplgvp, Aug 17, 2006.

1. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

This morning our company announced that they would be bringing in 30 supposedly qualified welders from Mexico via a government program called H2B (Hispanics too business). Interestingly they will be hired as welder learners until such a time as they meet our skill qualifications.

Here are my thoughts please share yours.

Our company, like many in right to work states, has consitently kept our wages below the norm. Those hispanics coming in are surely not making the starting wage for American new hires.

Top out for welders is 18.50 while top out for assemblers and machinists 17.50. My guess is that they are bringing these workers in at around $9.00 per hour which would seem a fortune to them.

I do not begrudge a man or woman to take what is offered but I believe my company is being unpatriotic in that they sell in America goods that are made in America by people who are not American. Also they sell at American prices to American companies and refuse to pay proper American wages for labor.

The fact is they are greedy and have no sense moral responsibility. The CEO and the head of finances as well as the Human resources guy are supposedly born again Christians.

I am considering quiting for the sake of protest.

Your thoughts

thjplgvp

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That's capitalism - it stinks to be labor in a 'right to work' state.