1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Had a great time at singles retreat

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Apr 10, 2011.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps this is the wrong board and if so I apologize.

I had a great time on the singes retreat this weekend. First night we unpacked, fellowshipped, sang songs, ate chili, and stayed up chatting. Next day we went to the beach, played volleyball, (water football) and had some fun. Then we had lunch, had some fellowship, stayed up late, etc.. Sunday we had a service and came back.

Its great seeing all the different gifts being used in the body of Christ, and all the differing personalities. Some are very energetic, and always are socializing, and others are more reserved. Some I get along with fine, and others we do not communicate very well. I used to think it all was about age, but this is only part of the equation. Common personality, and chemistry may play a bigger role than age.

One thing I like about this group is that they are laid back and know when to have fun and when to be serious. Sure they got plenty of toilet jokes and gross stories to tell, and their conversation is not exactly about theology, but they know when to be serious, and when to play around. I have been in group where the people were all serious and it was hard for me to relate and make friends. The people were unfriendly, unsociable, and did not communicate. One such group was a singles group of baby boomers, and another at another time was a group around my age. The pastor and leadership staff have a bit to do with how people end up in the faith and how their personalities are towards each other.

But it was amazing that at the end of the trip I got a ride home from the pastors daughter, and she asked me what music I liked. I said that I prefer Jeremy Camp and other Contemporary worship. She allowed me to play the music from my BlackBerry and she herself said that she enjoys this kind of music. This to me is amazing considering this is a Fundamentalist church. I said that I did not wish to offend, but they were all okay with it.

John

John