1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Had to be that Rookie Cop!

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by Salty, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Found this on Qourm!

If the police want to search a military official's car and the official states that he has classified material in the vehicle, what happens next?
    Not military, but lots of money. I used to work at the Federal Reserve and we had a driver come in really late one night. When we asked why, they said they got caught up at a weigh station and a rookie cop who was still in training.

Anyway, these trucks were loaded right to the edge of the 80,000 lbs. gross weight, like within a few hundred pounds. So they stop and rookie says he wants to take a look inside. The drivers explain why this is a bad idea and he doesn’t care as he must know why it’s so heavy. Even his FTO doesn’t recommend it, but the kid was in his last few days of training and the FTO was letting him call all the shots.

The drivers again tell him not to go there and they even verify the seal numbers with the paperwork numbers. Kid still doesn’t get it and he breaks the seal, with the drivers present. The drivers immediately call the closest FBI field office and hand him the paperwork that says he’s now responsible for the $800,000 worth of quarters inside and he can’t leave until Federal Agents arrive. Not leaving means, not being out of arm’s length of the doors at any time. He was told that if the weight of the load when they left the US Mint was different than what it was at arrival of the Feds, he would be charged.

To make a long story short, the Feds made a road trip out of it and the poor rookie never got a break; his FTO took a nap in the station. The kid had hours of reports to do and apologized profusely and said he’d never open one of those again.

The drivers were exhausted when they showed up and our paperwork was all jacked up because of the new seal. We got it checked in though and secured.

Update: Just over 5,000 likes. Thanks so much. I never thought I’d write something that so many people would like. Most of my stuff is short and simple. Anyway, thanks to all of you who have viewed and/or commented.

Update: Now over 17,000 likes! I can’t believe it. I’ve read quite a few of the comments, but started to give up over time. Thanks to everyone for enjoying the story. Sometimes, I miss those days at the Fed, but I’m better off where I am now.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny - but true