1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hal Lindsey Back On TBN

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Keifer, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

Yes, you read correctly, Hal Lindsey is back on TBN! After a several month hiatus Hal's program will be broadcast under the new name of "The Hal Lindsey Report" as opposed to the old show "International Intelligence Briefing". Hal left TBN at the end of last year after he was told to "say nothing negative" about Muslims on the Trinity Broadcasting Network.

View TBN's new page for Hal: The Hal Lindsey Report

TBN's website lists the show to air Friday evenings at 7:30 p.m. in the Central time zone. However, my television's onscreen Charter Cable menu has it airing at 7:30 p.m. this evening on TBN...

Keith

2. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

"The Hal Lindsey Report" officially aired for the first time on TBN at 7:30 p.m. Central time tonight (Friday), which appears will be its regular time slot.

The production values were sharp, and this was the Hal Lindsey I've grown to appreciate. Hal stated at the beginning of the show "I'm not a prophet, but a careful interpreter of Bible prophecy." His geo-political analysis and discernment of current events and how they relate to the End Time prophecies of the Bible are insightful, and I've never heard him utter or read anything from him that wasn't doctrinally sound.

Hal left TBN at the end of 2005 after he was told by TBN officials to "say nothing negative" about Muslims on the Trinity Broadcasting Network.

According to Jack Kinsella, Hal's associate, "Hal is purchasing airtime from TBN, thus enabling him freedom in what he wishes to teach and speak about with no editorial interference..."

With TBN's false prophets and wolves in sheeps clothing abounding on their network, it's good to see Hal back at TBN preaching the Truth. Some are not happy Hal is having to pay TBN to not be censord, saying "Not happy to hear that he has to pay for free speech." But considering the times we're in, Hal's situation should not be surprising:

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake." (Luke 21:17 KJV)

But Hal knows where his fortune lies, which is why he's doing what he is:

"Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." (Matthew 5:12 KJV)

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I first became a Christian I read Hal's book "Amazing Grace". While I don't remember details of this book I do remember that I really enjoyed it. One day I may go back and reread it but probably not (hey lets be honest). I have also read "Late Great Planet Earth", "Vanished", and "Planet Earth the Final Chapter". While I generally agree with his pre-tribulational, pre-millennial, dispensational theology, I do find him to be "somewhat" sensational at times. As for his tv show, I never liked it.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Didn't TLGPE say Armageddon would happen in the 1970s?

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't recall but, if it did, I think I would remember that. It has been several years since I read that book, so...