1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Halloween outreach?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Rachel, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Anyone doing any halloween outreach? Besides fall festival's some churches do. I was wondering about an indivual outreach. You can buy candy with scripture at Christian stores. Anyone do that or give out tracts?

2. Casey

Casey New Member

Hm, the church I used to go to does that. But, I switched churches. So. yeah. =D

3. Brice

Brice New Member

We have events at the church and this could be considered an outreach of sorts. Not in a traditional sense, but in an open to everyone sense.

4. moeowo2

moeowo2 New Member

I pass out candy and give the kids and adults Books of John or for the small children I give them a small booklet with scripture in it.

5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The AWANA ministry has a "Trunk 'n Treat" roundup in the parking lot each year.

It's a safer alternative to Halloween.

Kid invite other kids from around their neighborhood to AWANA and must dress as a Bible character
    new rule: no dead men or satan's allowed :eek: :rolleyes: ).

Adults from the church circle their cars in the parking lot and the kids go from trunk to trunk collecting their loot. Afterwards we have the regular AWANA program with games and memory verses etc.

It's a good outreach for the kids and the adults get to fellowship with each other to boot.

If I remember correctly, last year it was on Halloween night.

...My wife passes out tracts from the house with each candy bar. Close to zero impact... IMHO but we never know.

Rob

6. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Last year at halloween, we had just moved into a new neighborhood. Seemed to be TONS of kids here, so we made up over 100 "goodie bags" with candy and gospel tracts for kids from ATS. We had a grand total of 2 trick-or-treaters.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes. I'll be reaching out to the kids by passing out candy to them when they known on my door wearing a costume. I'll have provided them with a safe door to come to.

8. Gib

Gib Active Member

We have a Pumpkin Patch festival every year at the church. They have games where everyone is a winner. Winners get cookies or brownies. Very little candy given out. We have a popcorn machine, cotton candy maker and do hotdogs. We generally have a baking contest for the adults and very long winded cake walk.

We do send out flyers throughout the community. Most kids come with good costumes. We would prefer no devils or the other, but we would not turn them away.

The event is well attended by pastor, staff and church members. Last year we had a singing group come in for the adults. It was a yee-haw good time.

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

The last several churches I have been involved in have had some kind of Halloween Outreach on the night of the 31st.

If I stayed home, I would give out something like tracts or bibles or something for trick or treat.

Why miss an opportunity.

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I have a halloween outreach, too. I pass out candy to kids who come by my door dressed in constume.

[​IMG]

11. Brice

Brice New Member

We have a Trunk or Treat also. I agree it is a great way to have a safe Halloween. [​IMG]

12. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Exactly! The only time of year that people are coming (sometimes in droves) to our doors, we should use it!

13. Casey

Casey New Member

Really? I did not know that. I've been going to AWANA for ... I don't know how long, but it hasn't been that long. I started going around January this year I believe, then of course it was out for the summer. Anyway. I didn't know that. Hopefully we do it.

Just curious, do you have your AWANA nights on Wednesday or Sunday nights? We used to have ours on Wendesday nights, but people had to work and all that. So, I was just wondering. =D Wow, I blab alot.

In Christ,
    Casey