1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Halloween

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jailminister, Oct 31, 2003.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The original intent of naming the days after these gods was to give honor to them.
    (Under the Law we wouldn't been able to even say their names).

So the original intent doesn't matter as long as the current intent is not the same which you indicate would be manifest by what one does?

Following that reasoning then, a Halloween celebration is OK as long as we don't get meaningfully involved with Druid ritual right?

Who draws the line and where is it drawn is the real question. I believe it's a personal issue between God and the individual (as someone has already indicated).

HankD

2. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Ultimately, HankD, everyting boils down to personal issues. Not what is right or wrong but what we choose to believe and what we choose to do about it. The purpose of these threads is to express our beliefs and what we do about them. Sometimes I get carried away and think I get to decide what is right or wrong instead of having the responsibility of discovering the truth and then backing it up with my life. I stand by my beliefs until convinced otherwise. What I do not stand by, is my presentation of those beliefs. I will continue to post my beliefs but will try to demonstrate my concern for others at the same time. I keep forgetting that cyber people are people, too. [​IMG]

3. dawna

dawna New Member

halloween is a good way to share Jesus with your town. what other day of the year you have people coming to your door .So get some candy and a gospel tract share jesus with those in your comunnity. share the Light in this lost world. This world needs Jesus. so why not share jesus on hallaween and everyday. and belive it or not God can use a gospel tract to plant seeds in that persons heart. [​IMG] we cant help how people celerbrate on this day but we can share jesus and be a light for jesus on this day.