1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Happy Memorial Day!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ktn4eg, May 29, 2010.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Here's wishing all of you a very happy Memorial Day! May God richly bless you and all of your loved ones!

A lot of you probably have big plans for this weekend, and I hope all goes well with them.

Especially at this time I want to extend my warmest thanks to all of those who (whether past or present) have served in our nation's military! This would also include those who are spouses of servicepeople, for you too have served in a very special capacity!

Thanks to you, we still have freedom to worship and serve God! Thanks to you, we still have so many blessings [many of which we're probably not even aware]!

One of the freedoms we still have is to express ourselves here on BB. While you're posting or reading here on BB, I'd ask of you to not forget that your freedom to do so came not without a price---in some cases, a very big price.

I encourage all to take some time this weekend to remember those who, down through the years, made the ultimate sacrifice for our country and way of life.

Thank you.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not use the term "Happy" Memorial Day - as it is not a time to be happy. Rather Memorial Day is a time to be solemn - in remembrance of those men who have died protecting our freedom since 1775.

On Memorial Day I do ask to fly your flag, but it should only be at half-mast until noon - then raise to full staff.

Though I commend you for wanting to honor our servicemen - keep in mind. Those on active duty (including Guard and Reserve) are honored on Armed Forces Day - (2nd Sat of May) and Veterans are honored on Armistice Day, Nov 11.

Sergeant Salty

PS

*It is also appropriate to fly your flag at half-staff on:
    Patriot Day (September 11)
    Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day (December 7)

#2 Salty, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010