1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Happy Resurrection Day to My Baptist Family!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 20, 2019.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    upload_2019-4-20_19-32-59.png

In Jesus Love and Precious Name,

Pastor Paul Zimmer
    Narrow Path Ministries

• Like Like x 1
  2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has risen!

• Like Like x 1
  4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Corinthians 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

And we shall too!!!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is risen indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pete Stepanovich

Pete Stepanovich New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone used this verse? 2 Corinthians 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. Interestingly my mom used to show me that verse on the holidays when I rarely wore suit pants. Now I wear them all the time but theirs an interesting connection to be made for modesty, when you present yourself, and the clothing is raised up rather than casual ignored aspect of Purity given by god. I'm 18 now and I gained this new perspective lately.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Modesty has become an OLD SCHOOL item and in a modern church environment if one dares to mention modesty then it is generally made a reflection of the one who makes it an issue i.e LEGALISM!

And yes sometimes it has to be made an issue.

Although LEGALISM is often a corrective response (and the usual old school response) that works - it ultimately is not the best response to immodesty (for instance) because it deals with the symptom not the root cause which has to do with the heart of both the offender and offendee.

The spirit indeed is willing but the flesh is weak.

Having been an assistant pastor and youth director (long ago) in my experience immodesty can be a problem with babes in Christ requiring the Wisdom of Solomon.

See the dynamics in Luke 7
    37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
    38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
    39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
    40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.

So it seems that Simon needed the immediate attention.