1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hard to get going again

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Chris1984, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Chris1984

Chris1984 New Member

You probally heard before from someone else, but I am here to hear some encouragement. My family is moving back to Rhode Island, where we used to live. Right now we live in Alabama, and I dont want to leave right now. My whole life is down here, friends, school, and what I think as the best church I have ever been to, but now we are moving. I have 4 weeks left in Alabama, and I feel depressed. I have fallen so far away from God in these last few months that I can't ketch up. Prayer life is but a faint and my quiet time with God is barely visible. I need some encouragement, please pray for me. I wish things would work out, but I dont see that happening. Thank you.

Chris [email protected]

2. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Chris, you asked for encouragement and the encouragement I have for you is from God's Word.

Jeremiah 29:11-13: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (NIV)

God has a plan for your life and His plan for you at this point is to be in Rhode Island. Although you do not understand it right now, know that His plan is perfect and this may turn out to be the best move you have ever made.

Please do not abandon your prayer life. God HEARS you when you call out to Him, and He KNOWS your hurts. He is there for you.

Joshua 1:8-9: "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (NIV)

Trust what God says in His Word, and go in faith, knowing He loves you.

CJ

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Chris: I agree with CJ. Start praying again and get your life where you know it needs to be in relation to God. When you are in the center of God's will everything will be OK and right now, the center of God's will is to go with your parents.

Do you have family members in RI? Maybe God feels, at this time in your life, that you need to be around family. How old were you when you left there? Do you have any friends there?

Make sure you have your friends email and/or snail mail addresses from AL so you can keep in touch. With the Internet, it is very easy to write back and forth.

A move is hard at any time, but I think it is more so during the teen years. Try to stop thinking so negatively and focus on some positives about moving. (Yes, they are there if you look for them). ;)

Blessings,
    §ue

4. Chris1984

Chris1984 New Member

I just want to thankyou all for your encouragement. I have been praying for awhile and doors have been opening that my family might stay in Al. SO I know God answers prayer, and I just wanted to thankyou for your responce.