1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harry Potter - gonna see it?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Jimmy C, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

If I can shake the time free, I will probably go see it. I have read all the books and seen the movies up to now. It looks like a darker more gown up movie this time - the acting is supposedly better

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I will not see it, as my religion encourages that I walk in the spirit and not in the works of flesh.

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." - Galatians 5:19-21

3. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

4. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haven't seen any of the others and don't plan to see this one.

I never wanted to take Introduction to Witchcraft or Witchcraft 101 either.

5. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Why give the devil an inch by filling your mind with this junk? If he takes an inch, then he will take a mile.

Please, get rid of all the Harry Potter books. Burn them if you have to. The author is just a tool being used by Satan.

I have people at work going to get this so they can read to their children. Christians included. Why not read to them the bible and some bible stories?

Rufus is correct with this. This stuff is witchcraft.

Just as bad as shows I watched as a kid: Bewitched, Smurfs, and other shows.

Christian people have said this is okay because it is just PRETEND. Let's get into reality folks. By watching or reading Harry Potter is giving place to the devil.

6. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

No. I won't be seeing this film or any of the other ones. I don't read the books either. I won't buy the books or anything related to Harry Potter for my grandchildren either.

Blessings

followinghim

7. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A two letter word; no
    Faithgirl