1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harry Truman Can't Attend Senator's Opening Day Game as Planned

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by InTheLight, Apr 11, 2017.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Harry Truman had been looking forward to going to the Senator's opening day baseball game but something suddenly came up. FDR passed away and Harry was sworn in as President and was "in up to my neck".

[​IMG]

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, thanks for the link.

I finally finished "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich". There was an account in there that the Nazi's knew they were losing, as the Allies were getting closer and closer to Berlin. On April 6, 1945 Hitler consulted a horoscope that had been written up when he gained the Chancellorship on January 30,1933. It said that war would start in 1939, that Germany would have a string of victories until 1941, then reversals of fortune with the hardest losses in early April 1945. But then there would be a temporary success followed by stagnation and finally peace in August 1945.

Since it seemed eerily accurate Goebbels used this as propaganda to rally the retreating troops. Less than a week later Roosevelt died. Because of the time difference the news reached Germany a bit after midnight on Friday the 13th. Goebbels broke out the champagne, believing that Roosevelt's death was a divine judgment, a gift from God.