1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harvest Bible Fellowship

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Jul 30, 2012.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can anyone shed some light on Harvest Bible Fellowship and Harvest Bible Chapel by James MacDonald? From what I gather they "do church" in similar fashion we do and are now affiliated with them for some materials.

Thanks in advance.

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's a sound church with a good pastor. James has a little bit of the mega-pastor syndrome going on (he is the one who started the Elephant in the Room conversations.) However the church is strongly biblical and strongly evangelistic. I'd partner with them.

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

James McDonald has been a great preacher the several times I've heard him. Always challenging and focused on God's greatness, the Gospel, and personal growth in Godliness empowered by the Holy Spirit. His specific applications are perhaps his most unique gifting.

He was recently criticized for hosting TD Jakes in his "Elephant Room" videos...without confronting his errant trinitarian views. That is the only really problem I have heard that anyone has with him.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I've met James - he's been at our church numerous times and he's a pretty solid guy. I wasn't thrilled with the Jakes thing and his response to that but not everyone is perfect.