1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has California went too far?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

One of the arguments that the gay community has been using to push gay marriage is that they say "It wont change your traditional marriage in any way" Well, we can see from this story that it DOES change traditional marriage by refusing to recognize the gender of the man and the wife.

I hear alot of talk on tv commentaries and on the internet news that they want to replace all marriages with civil contracts, saying that the sanctioning of traditional marriage should be the churches role and not the state. In other words, they want the state to issue "civil contracts" and let the church perform marriage ceremonies as a religious rite that is not legally binding.

So dont believe it when a liberal tells you that "gay marriage wont affect heterosexual marriage", because as you can see from this story....it already does if you live in CA.

AJ

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually it effects all States or Commonwealths; if a couple (man and wife - of course) move from Calif to any other State or Commonwealth - well what would a Mississippi official say when he looked at a "Calif certificate"

Salty

PS AJ are you aware that you fell victim to L.E.F.T?

4. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Yeah Salty I know.....but I admit its easier to say it in a way that wont provoke the liberals. I admit it, I am weak.

I personally would prefer more traditional words for terms like "gay", but in the interest of keeping the peace, and getting my point across without causing an uproar, I have conformed somewhat to the L.E.F.T.......but not completely.:laugh:

AJ