1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has God fore-ordained everything that comes to pass?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by 2BHizown, Nov 1, 2005.

1. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

Wow KJB, God is so great and so good to us!! I printed that off to read and reread!
    Everyone is under the sword of Damocles until our Lord touches their heart and calls them to Himself! Doomed to all of His wrath to come, yet wanting to be the one to fix it themselves! Figure that!
    Just came from such a great sermon on John 3 which stress that all of us are lost, until we are called! What I cant figure is why people had rather think they can control all details of salvation, rather than have it all so wonderfully carried out by the Lord of the Universe? I was so thrilled to learn that its not up to me. Sweet relief to know He micromanaged it to the very nano second and detail!
    Blessings to you! [​IMG]

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Yeah ... right ... If you can list even one post of yours that effectively refutes Calvinism I will eat my hat. I have read most of your posts over hte last week or so and have yet to see any serious charge made, much less an "effective refutation." Perhaps you have something in mind that I missed. Somehow, I doubt it though ...

Your posts are being edited because you are using unethical tactics, misrepresentation, and personal attacks. That will not be tolerated in this forum. As has long been the practice, theology plays no role in the editing process. Posts are removed or edited based solely on matters of personal decorum and integrity. There is no other basis.

3. King James Bond

King James Bond New Member

2BHizown,

Sounds like you had a very good sermon!

At this site you can find many good confessions of faith.

http://www.creeds.net/#reformed

Hope you have time to read some. I love many of the Baptist and Reformed Confessions. They drive me crazy with joy reading through them.

Pastor Larry,

I think you will be wearing that hat for a long time! LOL

KJB

4. HanSola2000

HanSola2000 Guest

Well LArry, I "personally attacked" no one on this forum, but I do point out that calvin was a false teacher and a murderer. These are facts, not attacks. Learn the difference. My posts are completely ethical, just odious to Calvinists. Please get your "facts" straight.

KJB asked:

Have you honestly read through all of John Calvins work?

You claimed he was a murderer.....may I ask if when you read things by Paul or David do you reject such writings because these men were also sinful men?

Well no I have not read all 22 volumes of Calvins' commentaries, nor all his other material. I have read what He has said relevant to this issue though, and it is not hard to understand, just hard to believe someone could be so deceived.

As for Paul and David---False comparisons. What Paul did, he did as an UNSAVED MAN. As a Christian, Paul lived a humble, loving, non-retaliatory life, free from sin.

David was under the Old Covenant, and was backslid when he fell into SERIOUS SIN. God judged him for it, and his life was never the same. But David DEEPLY REPENTED, and wrote man anguishing Psalms about His crimes.

Calvin did no such thing. He never expressed sorrow or repentance for his murder of Servetus and his persecutions of others. And Calvin did these things while a supposed Christian. Yet He hated others. Well the Bible says those who hate and claim to know God are liars and walk in sdarkness, and those who hate are murderers, and NO MURDERER HAS ETERNAL LIFE ABIDING IN HIM-!John 3:15. According to John the Apostle, Calvin the philosopher was not a saved man, but went to Hell.

5. King James Bond

HanSola,

Hate in a heart. Yes, I think I see what you mean.

You are certain John Calvin went to hell?

I guess you do see all things.

KJB

[ November 07, 2005, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: King James Bond ]

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Yes you have.

They are assertions by you. They are not facts. Nor are they relevant for this forum. This is a forum about theology. If you want to talk about history, then go to the history forum. This discussion is not about Calvin the man, but about soteriology.

No they aren't. It is unethical when you distort someone's argument in order to refute it.

Again, I urge you to raise the level of conversation here by addressing real issues of doctrine of soteriology.

7. King James Bond

HanSola,

I suppose an unsaved man can become a saved man correct? I thought people came to Christ by free-will according to you.

Has that now changed? What I mean is didn't John Calvin come to Jesus Christ for forgiveness of his sins? So are people saved by choosing with free-will or not? How do you know that John Calvin did not choose with free-will to repent on his deathbed?

Is that what is needed for repentance? Anguishing Psalms? Did you write many anguishing Psalms when you repented? Is that what we should proclaim to people now?

Repent and write anguishing Psalms and you will be saved? I thought is was about turning to Jesus Christ by free-will? Are you going to change it again on us later?

Are you really bold enough to claim you know what was in John Calvins heart? I hope you really do not think you are a sort of super power that can see into dead mens hearts.

And how much do you hate John Calvin? Ever lied? May we both be bold with each other here and at the very least claim neither of us are worthy for heaven? What I mean is...have you examined your own heart?

I upon examination of my own find myself guilty and deserving of Hell. I find my only hope is in God saving me by His mercy and grace.

And you? Is your heart worthy?

KJB

8. HanSola2000

HanSola2000 Guest

Well KJB, apart from the fact that you blatantly misrepresent what I said, assert things I did not, argue against strawmen, pretend that men in Calvin's era didn't write a lot, act ignorant about repentance having fruit, not understanding that David's anguished Psalms SHOW his repentance, Calvin never wrote with any remorse about his crimes, etc---apart from yout twilight-zone post, it was great! It would take me an hour to untangle your subtle and not so subtil false arguments, non-sequitors, false analogies, etc. But I need to go to bed. All I can say is that your argue disingenuosly.

9. King James Bond

HanSola,

I was only responding to your post.

Please feel free to clarify everything I do not understand.

Thanks

KJB

10. HanSola2000

HanSola2000 Guest

I think you know what you are doing when you "argue" the way you do KJB, your conscience must alert you to it as it is happening, no matter how faint it s voice may be. We can learn to shrug off the warnings our consciences may give us, and soon we become deaf to it. Methinks you ought to ponder that, as should we all.

11. King James Bond

HanSola,

I am not really interested in constant arguments.

I would rather be at peace with all kinds of people.

The truth is there will be division among all kinds of people....so I may as well face up to it.

If we both claim that Jesus Christ is God we are united together in truth and are not divided on the matter.

But for example if I was to say Jesus was not God and you said He was God we are divided.

On your post you made quite a few very distinctive and pronounced claims.

One was;

Now I would assume that to make such a claim you would at least have the evidence to back it up!

Are you really certain of this?

You have already claimed to us on many, many posts that people come to Jesus Christ for forgiveness of their sins by free-will.

So how is it John Calvin is in Hell and how do you know?

This is only one point among others I could bring up about your claims.

However, there may be another explanation that you might have been posting a little bit faster than you were thinking. And maybe you really did not mean some of those things you said.

Thanks

KJB