1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has Ocasio-Cortez turned off members of the DNC?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 5, 2020.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you AGREE that this loud mouth woman has done more to hurt the Democratic Party,
    comment with a "Yes!" If you don't agree with me, comment with a "NO!"
    THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING . . . . . [​IMG]

upload_2020-10-5_15-42-43.png

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    if Biden wins, he will leave office shortly after, and she will be the new VP!

3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Democrat party is so evil, it's hard to say which member is the worst. It's a lot like Comparing Stallin to Hitler.

#3 Reynolds, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It remains to be seen what impact she will have. She is still in her first term.

She has definitely been a force within the party, but should the dems lose the house and/or lose seats in the Senate, she will be marginalized as Sand:ers has been marginalized in the Senate.

I don’t think she is old enough to be VP, I think you have to be 36 years old. Could be wrong, but I don’t think she is quite old enough yet.

By the way, do you refer to POT:S as a “loud mouth man”, or any prominent man for that matter or is such language reserved for women?

peace to you

5. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, former yellow dog pro life, social conservative Dems like myself know the party hates us now. Also IIRC polls show moderate and elderly Dems are put off by her.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I grew up in an area with a strong dem presence that was pro-life, pro-family, pro-religious values etc...

At the local level, those traits may still be somewhat true, but they do have to ignore what has happened to dem party at national level.

It’s been moving in the more liberal direction for several decades. AOC is a product of this transition in the dem party, not the cause of it.

peace to you

8. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "pro life, social conservative, moderate and elderly" Democrats are not the power base of the Democratic Party in the 21st Century. The party wins and loses on the back of the URBAN vote, which looks a lot more ethnic, liberal, young radicals and anti-establishment. For better or worse, AOC appeals to the "new Democrats", which is good for the party as it currently exists and desires to move.

Joe Biden is a last "hurrah" for the "old moderate Democratic Party" of the past. Win or lose this election, the party will sweep the past aside like a Civil War statue in the town square. It is the volksgeist of the new Democratic Party. The flaw is they have little to unite them beyond a hatred for Donald Trump. It seems like one of those European Coalition Governments that is doomed to fall to internal bickering as soon as they gain power and need to divide the spoils.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1