1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Has the Country/Nation/Church Changed?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 29, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. For the better

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. For the worse

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  5. This is not the same America I grew up in and loved

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  6. The church has changed, and it's for the worse [explain]

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  7. The church has changed for the better [explain]

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Our society is now worse because_________________[fill in blank and explain]

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  9. Our culture is worse because____________[fill in lbank and explain]

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  10. The church is worse because _____________[fill in blank and explain]

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Interesting post. I grew up in Gulfport. What gripes me about most on this board is talking about issues of politics, government, and real life experiences from the past, when they got their information from a text book or newspaper. Most on here did not live segregation, most never saw a race riot, most never experienced combat, and they get on here and post like they were there. The closest they ever got to the reality of the situation was the distance from their nose to the TV screen, probably in an air conditioned room.

2. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

I had a decidedly different opinion of race until I got into the Navy. We grew up with George Wallace. There were a lot of scuffles in elementary school with people of different color and I got my share of scrapes and bruises.

Things sort of changed though when I went to boot camp and then on a ship and lived and worked closely with people of other races. Then after becoming a Christian, well, my views softened a lot.

Now I try not to judge folks on the color of their skin...but the content of the character. :) But in all honesty, while I try not to judge, I have to admit I'm real careful and a tiny bit suspicious of Arab folks I see on tv or meet in person. At least until I get to know them. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but....I'm still guarded.

#42 Dennis324, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013