1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured has The Gentile Church Misunderstand pauline Theology?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DaChaser1, Feb 13, 2012.

1. littlelamb

littlelamb New Member

I am a late comer to this discussion, but if you all allow me:

The following are my comments to those who are opponents and proponents of Les Feldick alike. Let me first say this: I am a biblically born-again or truly saved Christian since I was 17 years old and have been a diligent and careful bible student for 38 years. I attend an Independent Bible Baptist Church but I am not a product of Baptist institution; I was not saved in a Baptist Church nor I agree with every single belief or practice of the denomination.
    • There is only one true, correct, trust-worthy “measuring stick” that is THE WORD OF GOD or THE BIBLE, as verbally and plenary-ly inspired by God (II Peter 1:20-21, II Timothy 3:16, Psalms 12:6, John 17:17b). In English language the best bible version/translation is the authorized King James version of 1611. (If necessary this could be another discussion of its own; and I am not in the same camp as Ruckman).
    • Anyone’s (including Les Feldick’s or yours) personal belief, doctrines, article of faith, denominational tradition (even Baptist), persuasion, or comments should be measured by the only “measuring stick”; this applies to any denominational doctrines and article of faith.
    • Do not judge or make comments on others on the basis of your own denomination, tradition, or persuasion, but solely on the basis of THE BIBLE.
    • In your comments do not use some terms that are invention of man that have connotation understood only by few which have no biblical basis. For example terms such as: dispensationalist, or hyper-dispensationalists. These terms are theologians’ terms and often not commonly understood, and are meaningless as far as the bible is concerned. Having said that, by the true definition of the word “dispensation”, the bible teaches dispensation and progressive revelations. What is in the Old Testament concealed is in the New Testament revealed. (Deutronomy 29:29; Ephesians 3:2-5, Ephesians 1:9-10)
    • Do not use other prominent Christians, even pastors, authors, or bible scholar names, as your basis to make judgment of good or bad. Instead, use your own understanding of what the bible says as you know it. This important because if you don’t know the bible yourself you have no right to pass on judgment on others.
    • Do not latch on someone’s statements and use them out of context. Contextual understanding is one of the precepts of good Hermeneutics.
    • Do not make judgment, good or bad, before you know well enough about the person and his/her teachings.
    • Therefore every single truly saved Christian must be familiar and must have a good understanding of The Bible. In order to know what is false, one must first utterly familiar with what the true one looks like. This method is taught to all new Disney employees in their first week of training on detecting counterfeit dollar bills.
    • Understand and know good Hermeneutics (the art or science of interpreting the Bible texts) which is taught in the Bible. II Peter 1:20-21; I Corinth 2:9-16; I John 2:27.
    • As part of proper Hermeneutics you need to understand a few basics such as: All scriptures are written for us (for our learning) but not all are written to us; Understand what He says, to whom He says what he says, and why He says to whom he says what he says; The author (God) means what He says and says what He means; Apply proper principles of contextual understanding; It is as important to note what the scripture does not say as to note what it does say because your denominational persuasion or your religious upbringing and tradition would influence what you think it says while it really is not there; Always try to interpret scriptures with scriptures and not with your own subjective interpretation (Always ask yourself if your understanding is correct). You need to know how to rightly divide the Word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).

Having made the preceding comments, I would say that Les Feldick’s teachings are biblical based on the following points:
    • I have followed and studied carefully his transcriptions for 3.5 years and have no major issues. At times I needed to carefully read the contexts in which he made his statements.
    • He repeatedly challenges his students to read the Bible for themselves and not solely believe what he says, or what others say, but what the Bible says; I say a loud AMEN to that.
    • He teaches only for the purpose of encouraging and pointing others to THE BOOK without monetary, political, or social gain, but only for the purpose of leading people to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and then to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    • He is doing the work of an evangelist, an excellent bible teacher at that, which is biblical as in Ephesians 4:11. I have known enough even pastors who are biblical and found them every now and then making statement with ulterior motives, and then start going on a limb or twisting the scriptures to fit their modes.
    • I grew up in a Christian home and remembered in our family weekly devotions my father, who was an evangelist, taught from the scriptures which at that time was quiet deep for a ten-year-old boy like me to understand. But now I remember such striking resemblance to Les’ teachings. This proves that where some teachings are biblical they would be universally and correctly believed because they are biblical. I grew up in Indonesia of Chinese ethnic group and my father was not even a Baptist, but the Holy Spirit (and some good bible teachers) taught him.