1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

has the message changed?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by nodak, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I don't know if you would call this school a seminary or not, here in Florida it would be and I'm not sure of Texas where they are.

But they do what you ask, as far as I've been told and reading some of their professors work. Grace School of Theology.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have found that the religious Pharisees in the church do not like truth and that is the reason why non-Christians come and want to hear the truth.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Hello Nodak,
    the answer is yes it has changed. It has changed because the people no longer want the truth and pastors are not willing to study to give it. I am ashamed to even invite someone to church any more since I do not want to be accountable for the them not getting the truth. I tell them the truth outside church and get a lot of scorn, but that is fine. The church has fallen away from its calling. By the way I live in the so called bible belt.

Several years ago I did a survey. I went to the local churches pastors and asked one question. "What does a person need to do to get into heaven". Not one gave me the correct answer. Most stumbled with answers, but not a single one was biblical. By the way it takes repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and repentance is not 50%,75% or 99%, and faith is not simply believing the facts (intellectual assent). I have been looking for a church for years that teaches and obeys the bible, but in this area there is simply none. I have went out as much as 50 miles. I do attend a SBC church, and while the people are very friendly and loving, quick to serve, the doctrine is so incorrect and the preaching so limp (full of jokes and stories) that most are simply attending a community service center instead of church. So the answer is yes the church message has changed. Two sunday's ago the morning bible teacher in the men's class stated that the people in the OT could and did lose their salvation. Go figure? :tear: