1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has the well prophesied APOSTASY begun?!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 18, 2019.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THE COMING APOSTASY HAS BEGUN?!

This morning as I read the local paper; I came across the following article on the church here in America, and while most of us would be surprised by the content of the story, I was not least surprised, because for the last twenty years, I have been prophesying that Americans were "falling away" from the church in significant numbers!

The truth is, Biblically speaking, when we read in 2 Thess. 2:3-4 and 1 Thess. 4:16-17, we are told this is going to happen. In fact, it has to happen, because it is God foretelling through His chosen prophet to foretell of the coming end of day's Apostasy!

So, read on, as this is an excellent link regarding the Apostasy! https://www.gotquestions.org/great-apostasy.html

Another Article link tells of Seven Reasons for the Falling Away. It is also a good read! https://churchleaders.com/…/175196-frank-viola-reasons-why-…

Knowing about the Apostasy cannot stop it. Nor can it turn things around, The prophesy of the Apostasy is to show true believers that the faithful will lose faith and fall away, and that should encourage the faithful to stay on course Biblically speaking. Stay on course with a strong prayer life and language. And to surround oneself with like minded believers who are not going to slip into the apostasy funk, and by linking with stable believers, you and I will definitely hold the line, until the fallen discover their sin and repent and some of them return before it is too late to return.

READ here: Unfortunately, many Christians fall away from this first love. When a believer does not depend on God to meet his daily needs, his love for God grows cold.

Jesus addressed this issue when He spoke to the church of Ephesus. Jesus said: “I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore, from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works. . .” (Revelation 2:4–5). If you find yourself in this position, ask God to have mercy on you and to rekindle your love for Him.

The above two paragraphs were taken from the following link, enjoy the entire message on how the fallen will repent and return: https://iblp.org/questi…/how-can-i-return-my-first-love-lord

To all the faithful, I pray and ask for your prayers in return. If we are to stand strong in faith, and not be moved when the spirit of apostasy rules the last times, we will definitely need each other's fellowship, rebuke. Love, and more than anything else. PRAYERS!!! Shalom!

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's definitely a "falling away" occurring. Whether it's "the" prophesied falling away or not, I dunno, but I know we should fight it to try to steer individuals to Jesus, even if we can't reverse the general trend.

Sportzz Fanzz, please don't become discouraged if your efforts seem in vain. It's OUR job to sow the seeds; it's the HOLY SPIRIT'S place to make 'em grow, so what may seem to be a wasted effort now could produce fruit later on !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One (imo) of the indicators is the time spent in earnest prayer by both individuals and the assembly.

The time spent in the early church seeking the Lord in prayer was enormous compared to the modern assembly.

According to my time reckoning, many churches I have visited spend less time in prayer than in collecting the offering. Singing songs, and preaching have taken the primary seat. Yet, there is this grand claim that the church has a "worship service."

How can one truly worship when they neglect the very way one and all communicate with God?

How does the assembly or even a single believer expect to hear from God if they neglect the "gift that is in them?" The Holy Spirit, that gift from God that facilitates the communication to the very creator and sustainer, is little used.

This (imo) is the single most significant and noticeable area.

• Like Like x 1