1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has your church had a "Solemn Assembly?"

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by mr. messy, Jun 13, 2005.

1. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

Has your church ever had "A solemn assembly?"

My church has had one that I remember in the last 5 years or ago.

Is this still Biblical for a local church to have a solemn assembly to confess national sins or whatever else may be involved?

What should be included in the proposed "Order of the Service" if any church decided to have a sacred assembly?

Possible references in the KJV Bible include the following: Lev. 23:36; Num. 29:35; Deu. 16:8; 2 Kings 10;20; 2 Ch. 7:9; Nem. 8:18; [doubtful that Lam 2:6 applies to this subject but both words are used in the same verse;] Joel 1:14; Joel 2:15; and Zep. 3:18

thanks for reading and posting. mr. messy

2. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

Oh yes. I remember some prayers for the abortists (spelling?) and for the zealot(s) who would destroy the building or kill those dealing with that "trade."

I think there should be confession of national sins or state-wide sins. {I would want to confess that my local state has legalized "gambling." The radio ads tell me that "fun is good. ha, ha." But I remind myself that gambling and that fun is not good, at least not good for me.

Thanks, mr. messy