1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Hate language?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Oct 28, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Quite correct I need to be ready but I am not always ready. Regarding repentance its a work of the spirit. I say it because many these days do not preach it but just preach the say a prayer gospel and so New Agers and others can be saved and still be into pantheism!

Some of my tracts are this way but when I preach I do not preach the say a prayer message. I preach on repentance.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Is it done so in love? I've found that the love is often times the missing ingredient.

The spirit in which people are approached about repentance reveals something about the person's, who approaches them, heart.

If you get to the point where you're being argumentative about repentance, it's no longer about repentance.

Evangelism should be more about God's love that's inseparable from His wrath, His grace that's inseparable from His mercy, and His forgiveness that's inseparable from His loving kindness more so than it should be about an apologistic attempt to win an argument.

If you believe someone is a false teacher, then sit with them and express your concerns.

3. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Any preacher or evangelist not working from a position of love needs to seriously reconsider their calling. But also, we have to recognize that, just as our parents reproved and rebuked us when we did wrong, our Heavenly Father does the same. Too many people today consider the chastisement of God to mean God does not love, and that is not the case. It is through the chastisement of God that we learn that we are indeed the sons of God.

It's a fine line. The moment some preachers/evangelists get the slightest bit aggressive or overly-spiritual, some people turn and run, thinking that the preacher is acting out of God's wrath, and not His love. More often than not, nothing is further from the truth, but the god of this world has so blinded people that they struggle to comprehend the truth when preached to them.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Not all are open because their pride gets in the way. Besides this approach you speak of is not mentioned in the book of Jude and 2 Peter. The approach you speak of is more of a person in the church teaching false doctrine in his sermon or Sunday school class. For example if person X got to teach SS and he went off on the KJV ONLY rant then he would need confrontation in gentleness and respect

5. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

How do you think Jude would have handled these false teachers outside the local assembly? His epistle spoke specifically about those who had infiltrated the local flock.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Huh again? Why does it have to be spoken of in Jude and 2 Peter? Is God speaking ONCE about how the truth is to be delivered not enough?

This is where I go back to Scriptural basics. The word of God tells us to "Love your neighbor as yourself". Mark 12:31

If you're not approaching them in love, sit down because you've become more of a barrier to Christ than you are a help to point someone to Him.

And I've never liked this confrontation word. I often get antsy when folks start talking about confronting this or that. You should desire to talk to people in a loving respectful manner. The minute you let the word "confront" roll from your tongue, a wall will go up.

The folks at Westboro Baptist like to "confront" folks. I do wonder how many folks they have encountered with their "confrontations" that they have led to Christ?

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It is indeed a fine line. I often tell young preachers to make sure you "beat the point" of your preaching into the shape of the Cross.

If you're gonna preach on hell, make sure you leave them with an understanding of how to get to heaven. Take them to the Cross.

If you're gonna preach about lostness, make sure you let them know how to be redeemed. Take them to the Cross.

If you're going to teach them about false teaching, take them to the one who cannot lie.

Take them to the Cross.:thumbsup:

8. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to read my post again. I did not say what you stated about repentance.

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Repentance is a turning away from sin by the person who is repenting.

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Stop demonizing people with a hate group!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways if you can get your local Word of Faith pastor to a one on one chat be my guest. Some may chAt but most will not with outsiders.

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That's why I do! I always preach grace in my letters.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG] If you're not doing what they are doing, it doesn't apply to you. If you are, it does.

Get him to chat about what? His false teaching? He already knows how Baptists feel about his false teaching. There's nothing to "chat" about.