1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hatefulness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by corndogggy, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Wadded panties are EVIL! EVIL I tell you! :laugh: :laugh:

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's something I can honestly say I have no knowledge on :D

3. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Members, Moderators, and Administrators

If I have "derailed" this thread from the topic of the hatefullness of BaptistBoard.com, I am very sorry.

I just wanted to make clear my point on Christians and alcohol and I will not address this topic in this thread any longer.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

And we all heave a collective sigh of relief!

(you'll just have to imagine) :D

5. Joe

Joe New Member

That's your job Amy :laugh: :D

6. auburnhale

auburnhale New Member

Christian Hate...

I posted a blog on this very topic on my myspace page earlier this year. Here it is:"
    It seems like christians are the meanest people these days. Everyone says they don't judge people but let someone they know have an abortion. Let someone they know become gay. Let someone they know marry out of race. Let someone they know smoke pot. Let someone they become a drunk. To make matters worse, they gossip this to everyone. It's like they have to talk about everyone and hate people just to make it seem like they are a great christian all the while stepping all over Jesus' own words. The second greatest commandment "'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'"Mark 12:31. Maybe we should add to those words..."as long as they do what you agree with" or maybe "as long they live by your standards".

7. standingfirminChrist

The Scripture does say that we are to love our neighbor as we love ourselves.

Have you ever considered that not everyone is your neighbor? Even the one who lives next door may not be your neighbor if you look at the Biblical definition of neighbor.

Luke 10:29-37 tells us who exactly is our neighbor.

Does that mean we are not to love others who are not our neighbor's? Well, the Word of God tells us

Romans 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Ain't this fun??????????????:laugh:

9. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We need more group hugs.

10. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Skipping right over all the alcohol posts.......

One reason is that serious topics are being discussed.
    Issues of right and wrong. Of morality.

I have been members of different kinds of boards and I will agree that this one can get the most heated but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

The first forum of this type I joined was the digidesign user group for users of Pro Tools recording software.
    Argument were few and far between there.
    About the only time was when a Mac vs PC war would erupt but that was not all that often because it was not allowed and the Mac and PC users were segregated in different forums (like the general and theology ones here)
    But the biggest reasons was there was nothing called "debate" there.
    They didn't have the Pro Tools LE vs HD debate forums etc.
    It was for users to help each other with technical issues.

I have also been on a political forum and while it was not as often, there were threads that got just as heated.
    Ironically they were some of the same topics:
    Calvinism
    KJV only
    I think I even saw wine being discussed once.
    It was ofcourse a political forum from a christian perspective.

The gospel is important. Many are offended by it.
    Heated debate about religion is to be expected.

11. auburnhale

auburnhale New Member

I have never met a christian who lived this...if they didn't love them, their not going to talk to them much less give them something. Plus, I find it hard to believe that Jesus loves all but doesn't want us to love all.

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Does that include you?

Are you a Christian?

13. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I would like to add that even though we may have heated debates with certain people on here, we will often agree with them and fight on their side in another thread.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

We also pray for each other. :praying:

15. auburnhale

auburnhale New Member

Yes. geesshhh....throw some stones at me..:godisgood:

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Not throwing stones.

Does your answer mean that you do love your neighbor as yourself (because you said you never knew a Christian that lived that way) or that you are a Christian?

17. auburnhale

auburnhale New Member

I said that I had never met a christian who lived like he was talking about, including myself. Including myself, if I did hate someone, I wouldn't be nice to them. That makes no sense. The Bible says that we are to do good to our enemies, not those we hate. Hate is the oppisite of what Jesus' teaches.

I wasn't refering to what I believe, which is that we should love all, not just those who are christians. By what he was saying, we shouldn't love people who aren't our neighbors. If we don't love them, than we hate them? Makes no sense to me. Reminds of that church....

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

If we are to love all, how can you justify abortion? Is that love?

19. standingfirminChrist

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Hate in this verse does not mean we do not love, it means we love less.

I believe that same principle should apply with those who are our enemies. Of course we are to love them. But are we to love them more than those who are in the Body of Believers? more than our love for Christ?

As I stated in the previous post, we are to do good to our enemies. That in itself is loving them.

Jesus was showing the man who asked who the neighbor was that he himself should be a neighbor by helping those in need. "Go, and do thou likewise."

But helping them without sharing Christ is not truly helping them. For what would it profit a man if he should gain all he desired and then lose his own soul? If Christ is not shared with the one in need, that one could die in his or her sin.

I don't hate anyone. I love some more than others, but I do not hate anyone.

20. auburnhale

auburnhale New Member

If it's for the quality of life rather than just for life itself, than yes. But that is another thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.