1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hats Off to Arizona...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Apr 23, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    .... it is about time that one of our states make a stand in regard to "illegal aliens." I know that the governor is going to take a lot of "political flack" for signing this bill into a law, just wish the Govern-at-or of Kaleeefornia had the hootswa to do the same, and stop this stampede of illegal aliens streaming over our porous borders in order to improve their life style, send billions of dollars back home to their relatives and family members, ALL at our expense.

I do not want to be referred to as a racist because I feel this way. This is surely my right. And, in truth, I have no bias toward any person wanting to come to America and better themselves. In fact, I taught ESL, and Child Care coursework for non English speaking - legal immigrants - in the Palm Springs, Coachella Valley, Indio area - for more than 6 years.

HOWEVER, if they don't follow our laws regarding legal immigrations status, they should be sent packing, without any benefits being paid by taxpayers, who-by-the-way, are legally here because someone in their family tree came to America and became a citizen according to the laws of this nation.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, will now have the teeth to do the job he's been trying to do for the last 3, or, years. And Governor Janice Brewer(R) - Arizona - may be doing something that could honestly change the direction of illegal immigration in America, if other states follow the lead of Gov. Brewer.

Granted, it may be a mere political stunt, since she is up for re-election, but, now that it is done, it will be interesting to see if it has any effect on illegal immigration in Arizona; and if any other states get off the floor, stop the bleeding, and do something similar.

Is this law the best way to handle illegals. Probably not, but, someone, somewhere, had to make a stand and initiate a starting point if we really want to save America.

And that my brothers and sisters of the Baptist Board, is simply my "humble opinion, on a political hot-potato!"

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type: