1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have We Learned Nothing From Paul?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TCGreek, Aug 14, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. To the Corinthians Paul declares, "And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified" (1 Cor.2:1-2, emphasis mine).

4. To both Jews and Gentiles, Paul preached Jesus Christ and Him crucified as both Savior and Lord and how that message should impact our lives.

5. Let's read Paul again and nourish our souls in the great truths he laid out. Instead of chasing after this strange doctrine of the Kingdom.

6. This strange doctrine of the kingdom that has infested this board I have not seen in Paul or even in the Gospel narratives.

7. Scriptures must be distorted, words must be redefined, etymologies must be sought, context must be set aside, strange symbolism must be sought, parables must extend beyond their simpliest meaning and placed in a cauldron of riddles, which is overseen by so-called experts on Kingdom matters.

8. And then to top off this madness , I hear that believers who haven't measured up would be spending 1000yrs of punishment for sins.

9. I guess that the sacrifice of Christ was not enough (Heb 10:14). When believers who have been purchased with the blood of Christ have to layover in airport 1000yrs, is this not another gospel?

10. But those who propagate it do not want to hear it called another gospel. But for those of us who are faithful to the Word of God, that is exactly what it is, another gospel. It is a clear aberration.

11. In the history of the Lord's people, there have always been errors to fight. We should not be surprise at this erroneous doctrine.

2. joycebuckner

joycebuckner New Member

Amen and Amen:praying:

3. joycebuckner

joycebuckner New Member

Although I am not Calvinist. I do so agree with you on your feelings of researching all of the books of God' precious word. And this thing with the 1000 years in punishment. Do people not read their bibles any more for themselves? Do they just take any man's word without research to find out if it is in fact truth?
    If they did then they would without a doubt, and quickly I might add, find that this preposterous 1000 years is no where in God's word. It is all or nothing.
    We as Christians will reign with Christ for a thousand years. Not go into punishment until it is over.
    God bless and help us all to seek the wisdom of the Holy Spirit any time we are reading our bibles.

4. skypair

skypair Active Member

GOOD IDEA!! So Calvinism goes too, right? Same indictment apply to both. I am glad you have "seen the light" bro. TC!!

Or I got a better idea --- let's take the whole Bible and see where the pieces of BELIEVING free willers, the Calvinists, and ME-ers coincide (may I suggest the unity of our common salvations) and fill in the weaknesses (the misunderstood terms, particularly) of each with the solid "gold, silver, and precious stones" of scripture. Why can we never concede where someone else is right? has a point? that someone else may be Christ's "child" as well and teach them as such? Why can't we admit the weaknesses of our own theologies as well -- where OURS is "wood, hay, and stubble" that we could do as well without?

skypair

skypair

#4 skypair, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2007
  5. npetreley

npetreley New Member

And a few dozen more Amens.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

The heresy of ME has nothing in common with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Brother, to find this 1000yrs layover for those who somehow didn't measure up, you need a special pair of glasses provided by none other than the so-called Kingdom "experts."

2. You can look them up in the false doctrine book, I think its page 1000, line 1000, telepone # 1000, begin with the area code 1000, there'll be a temporary delay of a 1000secs, but keep holding.

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Correction: 2. You can look them up in the false doctrine book, I think its page aionios, line aionios, telepone # aionios, begin with the area code aionios, there'll be a temporary delay of a aionios secs, but keep holding.

:laugh:

9. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I say even in a debate we can get some humor. This is the absurdity of this doctrine. But I'm glad that it's being exposed for what it is.