1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have we lost our minds?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, Aug 2, 2007.

1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Sniff, I've gone and missed all the fun.

Guess I'll have to head over to that Puritan board, where things are quiet and civilized and the women don't have to pray cause their husbands do it for them...

;)

2. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

For your journey. I'm sure they'll come in handy!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

OH don't send her even with all that cute homemake feminine stuff -- we might not ever see her again!

WAAAAAAAA what would we dooooooo????

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boo Hoo! I left for a couple of hours to look for my mind (which I still haven't found) and now I see ya'll have had all the fun without me.

5. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Well, I just checked out the Puritan Board. They are very....sedate over there.

You girls are alot more fun! [​IMG]

6. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

By the way, Filmproducer, I love those chickens!!

7. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe we should all visit the Puritan board at once and share the joy we feel here. . .:laugh:

8. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Amen! :laugh: :wavey:

9. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Is the hoochy coochy anything like the hokey pokey?

10. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Another thread bitten by the, "everybody wants to be a comedian" bug.

Pathetic and sad.

Regardless of how serious your OP was Saturneptune, alot of posters can only post replies where they try to be cute and funny. I never knew there were so many people that missed their calling in entertainment! Anyway, this is further evidence of lack of seriousness in the Christian community.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I think Cutter is right - no fun allowed in the body of Christ.

12. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I thought this thread was started in jest. Maybe it wasn't, but SN certainly didn't have any trouble joining in with the fun.

13. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Awww, Cutter is just jealous cause he doesn't know how to have fun and is afraid to learn. ;)

If God didn't expect us to have a sense of humor then why did He give us one? Moreover, why'd He give the example? <sarcasm> Talking donkey's indeed! How dare He think to use humor to get His point across!?</sarcasm>

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Man Cutter, you would hate our church. We are very serious about our walk with and service for the Lord, but we have a lot of fun doing it :)

15. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I'll try and bring this back to the subject of the OP.

"Have we lost our 'ever-loving' minds?"

I can speak for no one else, but as for me, -

Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most! :smilewinkgrin:

Ed

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am enjoying this thread very much. Some of the topics I listed are ridiculous, but without a sense of humor, I wouldnt know how to exist. For me, it is at home, on the job, and at church.

I appreciate all the posts of this thread and wish it to go on.

17. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

If you look up the posts of any of the people you think are the local comedians, you'll see that they are also serious. They are well rounded. Not bogged down in seriousness but able to be serious and lighthearted as the situation is called for. They get down to work when work is needed. They are leaders in their churches and their fields.

If you find them offensive, there are ways to ignore them on the BB. In fact, you can observe post after post and NEVER observe them, but you might also miss some blessings if you do that.

18. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

You know SN, we've had lots of interaction on the board, and I thought that if you wanted this thread to be serious when it turned the other way, you'd just steer it right back to where you wanted it to be in a most forthright and capable way ;)

I've enjoyed this thread. This has been a hard week off the BB workwise.

19. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

Cutter, I am extremely sorry if you were offended by any of the laughing, joy, and genuine frivolity that took place in this thread. I cannot understand WHY you would be offended, but I AM sorry if you are. I was under the impression that this BB was for fellowship, as well as debate. I see that this thread was started in the debate section, so perhaps that is why you are offended. I am sorry if posting anything here other than serious debate-type answers has upset you or made you think that those so engaged can somehow have their Christianity questioned.

I would hasten to tell you that God uses humor to heal, to inform, and to edify. Yesterday, when I found this thread, it was literally the answer to my prayer. I am beyond lonely in the need for the human companionship that I miss so much with the passing of my dear husband last year. His was a wonderful sense of humor.....and it is one of the things I miss the most about him. No matter how rough so many of the situations we faced through the years--he always encouraged and strengthened me with that sideways grin and playful gleam in his eye. I cannot begin to tell you how much I miss his laughter.

Finding this thread yesterday with its admitted silliness and genuine "joy in life" was a gift from God FOR ME at that moment. I know it without a doubt. I am thankful for the folks here who love life because they know it is a gift from God. Above all, my sweetie-pie would hate the thought that I could no longer laugh or smile with him gone...because it was MY laugh that he would have missed the most as well.

God filled my heart with joy with this thread. I am sorry that it did not do the same for you.
    :saint:

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What a great post. Hope it lifts your spirits. Keep the posts coming.