1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Have we turned the sinner's prayer into a sacrament???

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by lanman87, Jan 6, 2021.

1. lanman87

lanman87 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about reciting the Apostles Creed? If someone does that and means it, is that the same things a "Confessing Jesus as Lord with their mouth"?

I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit; Born of the Virgin Mary; Suffered under Pontius Pilate; Was crucified, dead and buried; He descended into Hell; The third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven; And sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit; The Holy catholic (universal) Church, the Communion of Saints; The Forgiveness of sins; The Resurrection of the body; And the life everlasting. Amen.

2. Scripture More Accurately

Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reciting this creed is not the same thing as confessing my own sinfulness to God and calling on the name of the Lord to ask Him to forgive me for my sins. Again, you need to examine seriously all the many passages in Scripture that teach that there is no forgiveness for someone who does not ask God for forgiveness of his own sins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour warning
    This thread will be closed no sooner than 830 pm EST/ 530 PST

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith: