1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Have you actually tried using The Way of the Master?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 21, 2014.

1. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I think you are mistaken on that. IRRC, Rev has defended LS in the previous threads on the topic.

That being said I do agree that there is a difference in you saying WOTM is not the only method God can use, and Rev saying that "one method is as good as another (implying that all are equally useful).

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was in his Way of the Master book near the end of it. How many would read that far into the book? Only those serious about Biblical evangelism.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So basically methods used by Quantum Faith are just as valid?

4. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

What? You do realize I was agreeing with you right?

EDIT: Ok, agreeing may not be the right word, more like supporting.

#24 RLBosley, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do realize that you're questioning others' salvation, right?

6. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

From what I understand about WOTM, I have been using it for years. There can be no salvation until someone sees their need to be saved and how the law must be satisfied for them to be saved.

I use a very simple method. I ask a simple question "how righteous must one be to go to heaven?". I then listen to their response. Regardless of their response I point out that Jesus said that God requires their righteousness EXCEED that of the Scribes and Phariess (Mt. 5:20) and must be EQUAL to God's own righteousness (Mt. 5:48).

I then point out to be "perfect EVEN AS" God is perfect is to be without sin THEIR ENTIRE EXISTENCE, as God had no need of forgiveness, because he never sinned in the past, present or future.

I then ask where are they going to get that kind of righteousness - a entire life of sinlessness?

I close with telling them the good news that is why Christ left heaven and became a man to LIVE A WHOLE LIFE without sin. In addition, to pay an eternal penalty for our sins - neither of which we can possible do - thus our salvation must be a free gift, it must be imputed to us by faith alone and it must be entirely "without works" performed in our own person as we cannot mix our sinful life with his sinless life as the basis of our hope.

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is comments like this that cause me to think that you put too much emphasis on the teacher/author rather than the message.

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

Ah, Billy Mays would be proud!

[​IMG]

I know Rolf's post makes this point, but it's a point that needs to be made again for you. That's nothing but a cheap effort at a late-night infomercial testimonial.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I have no idea. But I disagree with his methods that's all.

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You disagree with his methods; so how do you feel about anyone who claims salvation by those methods?

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was saved that way. God knows his elect and can use even bad methods to bring them to salvation. But this does not mean we are to repeat these methods. You know once the devil tempted me to head to DT Denver and this time preach a easy-believism message, only talk about God's love, ask people if they wanted to get saved, and then lead many in a prayer. I am sure I could double my efforts and get lots of decisions that way. However the Holy Spirit told me I would be in sin for doing such a thing! I needed to preach repentance, the cross, justification by faith alone, sin, and no doubt on Hell. As a consequence I won't get many if any response, and those that do respond are of the elect that God has called to salvation. Whenever I go out I always run into people that God has prepared for salvation and they respond. However far more reject the message to their own destruction.

I was gonna come back and boast of all the decisions for Christ that I got that day and say I led like 10 souls to the Lord. However most if not all of them would be false converts since they only repeated a prayer, but since I did not get much into sin, they walked away still the same proud unbeliever. Yes I am sure even the Pantheist could repeat the prayer, and walk away believing in multiple gods.

#31 evangelist6589, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ohhhhhhh....ha ha ha....lol :thumbsup:

13. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Street Barking

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Where do all these guys come from?

15. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

I just happened to watch your street barking attempt at talking to people. Then I felt rather sad because here is a guy that is very sincere and cares in his heart. He reads all the books, studies his bible, and then goes out presuming God sent him, to bark at people. Then when the barked at people ignore him, he presumes they are all going to hell because they did not respond to the barking. Brother, at least your heart is in the right place.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    T
    Chill out dude...they are just poking you. No I have never used it...it is not my way. I have conversations with people individually. I am up front and tell them I am a believer in. JESUS CHRIST....That He is my Lord and Savior. If they want to go beyond that, then I will...that's the choice they make. THATS HOW I ROLL:smilewinkgrin:

17. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::thumbs:

18. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, that is good stuff

19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Not sure what I am missing. The two seem to contradict.

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just said that you got saved that way -- but that you also believe it results in false converts. But you're not a false convert?

So do those methods see souls saved or not? If they do, then HOW can you condemn *anything* God uses to bring His elect to Him?

And thus, you may not like it; but if only one soul is saved, then it works.

What I'm trying to point out is that you're violating Romans 14.

And by the way -- who are you to judge another's heart? How do you know, without a doubt, that none of those ten people actually prayed for forgiveness and grace?

#40 Don, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014