1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you always been a Baptist?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Ben W, Apr 21, 2006.

?
  1. Yes.

85.9%
  2. No.

7.7%
  3. Unsure.

6.4%
  4. I am not currently a Baptist.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Born in a Baptist hospital with Baptist parents and grandparents. Dad was a Baptist pastor and then missionary after he retired. Grew up Baptist and stayed Baptist for 27 years.

Now am deacon in another denomination, but still visit family's Baptist churches when I visit them. Who knows? Maybe one day we'll rejoin the fold, but wife and family would have to get dunked first.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Since my salvation experience, I have always been baptist.

3. billreber

billreber New Member

I went to SBC churches all my life (with my Mom and GrandMom), accepted Christ at age 18 in an SBC church, but have worshipped our God in/with several different groups -- Presbyterian, Evangelical Free, Methodist, RCC, Lutheran (to name a few). For the most part, I have found that there are true believers in all of them. And that there are unsaved people in all of them!

Bill

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Catholic until 16, then Anglican until 19, then House Church/Restorationist/charismatic until 22, then Elim Pentecostal until age 28, then House Church again until 33 with occasional Anglican attendances, Baptist since then

5. Kilad

Kilad New Member

I was a Mormon until High School. By then I was smart enough to compare LDS Teachings to a NON LDS version of the Bible and see the error of my ways in believing the teachings of Joseph Smith.

I then wandered around lost for many years until I became a Foxhole convert to Christ only later finding the Baptist Church.

6. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I was raised in an IFB church and now my husband pastors an IFB church. I will be IFB till the day I die or till the day I'm raptured...preferably raptured! :D

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

1.Various churches overseas (including the generic "Protestant" service at an Army base, though my father was Foreign Service, not Army)
    2. Attended a So. Baptist church while an unsaved teen
    3. Became pacifist & attended Quaker meetings off and on
    4. Hindu beliefs, Tibetan and Zen Buddhism, and New Age for most of my adult life
    5. Saved after being drawn to a liberal Episcopal church
    6. Joined Disciples of Christ as new believer (didn't know much about them)
    7. Moved and searching for a good church
    8. Now Baptist.

8. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Lutheran until age 13, then SBC until 58, Non-denom till 62, now back in SBC.

9. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I grew up in South Louisiana in a town where there are more catholics than people...and my family was/is catholic.
    Before i became a Christian in 1989 i was attending a baptist church and felt more comfortable there; and that is where i stayed.

10. mozier

mozier New Member

Grew up Roman Catholic. Left Roman Catholicism. Became a Christian on October 31, 1997 (Reformation Day) after I repented and accepted Christ and nailed a statement of this to the door of the local Roman Catholic Cathedral.

11. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Born into a very liberal Mennonite church background in SE Pennsylvania. We didn't wear the distinctive clothing, nor did we have as many restrictions on other things either (cars, TV's, etc.).

However, neither did we have the Gospel of salvation by grace through faith in the finished work of Christ.

I disagreed with many of the liberal social positions that church was taking, and it was this desire to seek out something different that God used to eventually bring me to where I first heard the true Gospel of Christ.

In my case, He had to move me almost across the US to Tucson, AZ (courtesy of the Air Force) so that this almost-20-YO person would attend a Saturday evening service at an IFB church in town.

That was a little over 40 years ago, but I praise His name that He did so!

12. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Born a Baptist, saved a Baptist, dunked a Baptist, but when I get to heaven it won't matter anymore! Praise God!

13. RN4CHRIST

RN4CHRIST New Member

Since I found Christ I have been Baptist. I was a heathen prior to that. :D I attend a Southern Baptist Church now and I love it. It is home to me. [​IMG]

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was "born and reared" in the Church of Christ. I became a Baptist when I was 43 years old.

15. Mishelly

Mishelly New Member

Born and raised - But truthfully, as long as you know Jesus and do the will of God, does it matter what denomination you belong to? :flower:

16. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was born in a Baptist hospital to a Baptist family. :thumbs:

Ooops, I just noticed I've already said this on this thread. Oh, well, it's still true.

17. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Before I became a Baptist I was a Recovering Pharisee.

18. IronWill

IronWill New Member

Born and raised Baptist, but wasn't saved until I was 18. I was a pagan in my teen years, then became a Christian. Later, fell back into a form of paganism again, got right with God, became a member of a Mennonite church(more liberal than the strict Mennonites, but not as liberal as Mennonite USA. Closer to non-denom), and am now visiting churches in my new area looking for a new home church.