1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you ever heard of Legal right teaching?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by brobobby, Mar 29, 2004.

1. brobobby

brobobby New Member

Have you ever heard of such a teaching amongst baptist. Giving Satan the legal right in our church and our home. objects such as owls, dream catchers, frogs and etc.

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Never heard of it. Sounds like new-age stuff. Is this some "proposed legislation" or is the name just "legal right"?

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Phillip, it's especially common among deliverance ministries, which emphasize demonic influences and exorcisms.

I could post several such sites, but I'd rather not. I can send you some links if you want.

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

PM some sites to me or e-mail them to [email protected]
    I'm not swayed by non-doctrinal stuff I read. I would appreciate it. You don't know the enemy unless you study them and this is "not surprising", but new to me.

Thanks,
    Phillip

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

It sounds remotely familiar. They claim that by having certain objects(as stated above by the OP) that you are giving satan legal right to enter your home or church. Legal in the spiritual since, as in he is not 'committing a spiritual crime' by doing so because you displayed the object that invites him in.
    I think thats the way I remember it. Is that right? I haven't actually heard of any baptist Churches that teach this, but have read of it in some charismatic type churches, not all though.

6. brobobby

brobobby New Member

we have a plastic owl under the garage where we park the church van and i was told that i was giving satan the legal right to enter our church.

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Seems like it would only give access to a plastic Satan. ;)

8. Servent

Servent Member

A friend has a plastic Owl in there yard, but it's to keep critters out not to let satan in.

9. Bro. Jeff

Bro. Jeff New Member

I would like to see those as well. PM please.

I'm consistently amazed how quickly the Body swallows unbiblical teaching, whether its on the subject of spiritual warfare, tithing, etc etc.

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm with rsr and DonnA on this subject---many Charismatic teachings imply this sort of stuff---giving the devil the "legal right" to do this and that---he's gonna come in and "mess" with your head whether he's got a legal right or not---why?? Because he's a thief and a liar! Thieves have no legal right to rob banks---but they do! Liars have no legal right to lie on the witness stand in a court of law---but they do!! See??

Lets seeeeeeeee, now!!! Owls attract the devil---but wooden stakes will kill a vampire!! Am I gettin' it right?? Am I on the right track?? Does that mean that everytime I hear a "Hooty-Owl" hoot in the woods nearby---that the "debel" is nearby??

rsr---send me the links, bro---I need somethin' to "enhance" my Three Stooges" collection!!!

11. onestand

onestand New Member

I have a friend who keeps a plastic ball hung in her house for the sole purpose of "capturing evil spirits, and keeping them safe from the demons", personally I really think the enemy uses stuff like this to take our eyes off the fact that there is power in the name of Jesus and every spirit must listen to that.

I was involved in a deliverance minsitry and can tell you they taught nothing of the sort, in fact they taught that NOT EVERYTHING has a demon behind it.

12. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Also, all the "over"-emphasis on demonology has led to a movement that spends all its time "casting" demons out of believers rather than teaching them to confess and repent of their sins. I have seen some who talk about the demons of lust, hatred, gossip, adultery, murder etc....These are not demons, they are sins and they need to be confessed not cast out. I wonder how much unconfessed sin is in the lives of Christian people who had someone cast out their specific demon instead of dealing with their sin?
    God Bless

Bro Tony

13. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

Never heard of it among Baptists, but it would not surprise me if some baptist churches are influenced by this unbiblical doctrine.

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

rsr---Blackbird hasn't gotten those links you promised yet!!!

rsr??

rsr??

Are you there?? "WHOOOOOOOOOO!" "WHO HOOT!" "HOOTY-WHOOOOO!"