1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have You Filed Your Taxes

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Feb 6, 2014.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I guess I have been in the Dark Ages until now on taxes. I always manually filled out a 1040 with associated forms. It took forever to get back a refund. This year, I used TaxAct.com, and filed on January 31. I got a notice from the federal government and Kentucky that my refund had been approved, and the check was on its way to my bank account. I cannot believe the speed of this. Have you all who use the internet to file taxes for years experience the same thing?

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. My wife is an accountant and always has them ready to go right away.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thank you for the civil response. I wish I had discovered this years ago.

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No problem. I'm always civil to you.

Thank you for not calling me names or insulting me. I'll be curious to see how long that lasts.

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

Wish I could file that fast. Being self-employed and having a spouse who works, plus having investments and a very small home building business on the side, I can never get everything together that fast, and it's too complex to do myself. We pay an accountant. It's expensive, but it's better than paying Uncle Wasteful too much money each year.

6. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I'm going to put in a plug for a service I use. I also have a complex tax return due to self employment, rental properties, retired spouse and income from an LLC. I use TurboTax Home and Business and its virtually idiot proof. It suggests every possible deduction you might not think of, reconciles everything for you and files electronically. It's great.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, there is a level of complexity that each service can handle. It sounds like yours is quite complex. I used TaxAct, and I believe Zenas uses Turbo. That is what my daughter uses. I believe Turbo must be more able to handle the complex returns.

I believe there is a law that says all the documents must be in the hands of the taxpayer by January 31.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My daughter uses Turbo. Her husband has rental property, and has a business that buys and sells wholesale cars. It works great.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shoot, I still have a good 60 days.....

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I just reported your attitude to Obama and Cuomo. You can expect a knock at the door. LOL

11. thisnumbersdisconnected

Oh, you have more than that. Just what we needed, a countdown timer to Doom's Day. :laugh:

12. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This p.m. with taxact. :) refund!!! :)

13. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I finally got my Form 1099-R for my military retirement from the USAF/ANG today!!

This form is usually the only one that I ever have any real difficulty getting because the only website that will give it to me is always messed up!! (Naturally it's a federal government operated website! It's probably maintained by the same bunch of &@^@%$&'s [Expletives deleted as per BB rules! :smilewinkgrin:] that devised the ACA website!! :tonofbricks:)

Thankfully I live close enough to my old ANG base where they do have people who can access my Form 1099-R! :thumbsup:

I hope to have my tax preparer complete all of my federal income tax forms sometime next week. She also has the capability of transmitting all of these forms via the internet, which hopefully will mean that I should be able to have my tax refund direct deposited to my bank sooner than I could if I were to try doing it myself.

14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I don't overpay so I file on April 15! A lot of folks overpay and then think "Uncle" is giving them something!

15. thisnumbersdisconnected

It sure is. There's CGI's shining symbol of ultimate failure at the bottom of every page! :laugh: