1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Have you had enough of threads on the Sabbath

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Jul 24, 2013.

?
  1. Keep them coming- great discussions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Makes no difference one way or the other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I read them but I don't respond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't even read them anymore

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  5. I have put the OP on "ignore"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I think the OP should be banned if any more are started

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Other answer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Salty, you are over-reacting

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    From YOUR signature-line:- "There's nothing more refreshing ...the preacher saying "Open your Bible to....""

Why don't you try it out here?

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    trhat is my very point, as aChristian can honor and observe either Sabbath as saturday, or the Lords dau Sunday, freedom in christ to do either, its just those like BOB wishes to place A:: "really saved' as under their Sabbath day!

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

and what does this have to do with the OP?

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Answering prior posting that was made, but IF we all allowed each other individual liberty wether to have Sat/Sun as day of worship, the Sabbath issue would go away!

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In essence we do. There is no state-church in America. Nor can the SDA compel you, a Baptist what to do, and neither can Gershard. You have the freedom that you want by nature of living in America.
    You can't force your beliefs on another.
    But some are very dogmatic to the extent that they are right and all others are wrong. Thus they won't leave it at that. But I think they will still agree that you can believe what you want, but at your own risk (they will warn).

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Then start a new thread......

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The the contrary we have heard from the sunday side that "it would be wrong to keep Sabbath on Saturday" as given in the actual Bible -- if you are doing it after the cross.

We have even heard here on this very board - that it is a christless religion that would dare to keep the Sabbath as God gave it in the actual Bible - instead of yielding to the man-made traditions about Sunday.

in Christ,

Bob

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You yield to one man's opinion??
    I don't give two hoots about the Sabbath, except to know as a theological fact that it was given to Israel as a seal of the covenant between Jehovah and them forever.

Sunday may be a tradition for some, but that is all.
    Every day is a resurrection day. I remember the resurrection every time I pray, if not explicitly, then implicitly, "in Jesus name," that is the Jesus that rose again, the Jesus that lives today, the Jesus that is no longer dead on the cross--in his name I pray.
    Every time I look at a day--the fall of Jerusalem (70 A.D.), I know he lives; I think of his resurrection. "anno domini," after death--points to his resurrection. All of history points to his resurrection. History does not point to the Sabbath, but rather the resurrection of Christ.
    Because he lives; I live.
    I serve a risen savior.
    I give thanks every day for his resurrection; it is not just confined to one day.
    The day has nothing to do with it; I worship him who rose again!
    Who ever gave you the impression that one has to worship God one day out of the week that he may have the excuse to live like the devil the other six days?? That is not my Christianity.

I serve a risen savior every day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

"Yield"? I am just saying that we have heard those two statements. One made by TCassidy - and the other made by Biblicist.

Not saying I am "yielding" on that point - just saying that those points of view "exist".

:type:

I agree with you on that one point. Sunday is nothing more than tradition.

God says that "from Sabbath to Sabbath" shall "All mankind come before Me to Worship" - that is His idea - not man's.

God say "Worship Him who made the heavens the earth and the seas and the springs of water" Rev 14:7.

And in 1Cor 11 (as I recall) we are told that as often as we eat that bread and drink of that cup "We do show the Lord's death until He comes".

Thank God we serve a risen savior - daily. But these texts above are the way that God Himself chose to state the matter.

I have no idea where "live like the devil the other six days" idea came from. Are you posting that to me?

in Christ,

Bob