1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you met anyone over 6 who has never heard of Jesus?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TexasSky, Sep 15, 2005.

?
  1. Yes - I met someone who had never, ever heard anything at all about Jesus.

100.0%
  2. No - I knew people who didn't know much, or people who knew a lot, but they all heard somethign abou

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Another thread brought this question to my mind. Have you ever met anyone over the age of six who had never even heard about Jesus?

I don't mean the people who heard the false information about him, or people who were taught lies about him. Have you ever met anyone other than a small child who told you they have NEVER heard of Jesus?

2. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Nope, not yet anyway.

3. patrick

patrick New Member

Sky,

I have met many people who have never heard of Christ and many more with a distorted view of his Deity.

4. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Patrick,

Please give me some examples or more details.

Where did you meet people who had never heard of Jesus Christ? How do you know they never heard anything about Him? What was their general age?

Even Muslims I meet from Saudie Arabia have heard of Him.

5. Servent

Servent Member

I went on a mission trip to washington state this past july, I meet an 11 year old that had never heard of Christ.

He knows of Him now in a personal life changing way.

6. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Please forgive me for being skeptical, but how can anyone living in the USA honestly say they never heard of Christ?

Christmas, even in this secular age, refers to Christ. If not via programs that actually refer to Him, then via programs that talk about kids from other faiths objecting to hearing about Him.

News programs refer to issues about His worship.
    Book stores are full of books and bibles about His life.
    Churches bearing His name are everywhere.
    People have WWJD braceletts, t-shirts proclaiming His name.
    There are evangelists on TV and on the radio.

To say "I never heard of him," in the USA is either a lie or the person is living in a media blackout.

NOW - to say, "I didn't listen," or "I didn't know how to come to Him," or "I didn't understand the message," or "No one explained it to me in detail," is one thing - but tell me how anyone in this country lived 11 years without hearing His name?

And if the 11 year old was being 100% honest, the Christians of Washington need to be ashamed to show their faces.

7. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Ive met kids on the street who will say they've never heard of Jesus. So then I ask them if they've heard of Christmas, to which they reply yes, of course. So then I say, ok, you know, the baby Jesus from Christmas. Invariably I get a "Oh! THAT Jesus!"

Aren't kids great? [​IMG]

8. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I had a Jewish friend tell me they had never heard of Jesus.

So I said, "Never? What did you think Christmas was?"
    They said, "Well, yeah, I heard that stuff about the virgin birth, the cross, but you know that's not right."
    I said, "Actually, let's talk about how right that is."

They've heard. They just don't listen.

9. Rachel

Rachel New Member

I agree.

10. CYBERDOVE

CYBERDOVE New Member

Even here in N.Y.C. with all of the different relgions and beliefs and foreigners,I have yet to meet anyone who has ever said that they never heard of JESUS CHRIST. [​IMG]

11. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

Everyone in Wyoming that I've ever meet has heard of God.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

There are many people who may have heard of Jesus but have never heard the gospel or they live where there is no gospel witness.

13. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Marcia,

Notice it uses clarifying statments like "hear or RESPOND" or "no church" or "no missionary." Odds are, the message WAS in the area. They didn't listen.

14. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Just in case anyone misunderstands - I am not saying that there is not a huge need for missions. There definately is.

I just think the theories that "some people will go to hell because the message was never available for them," is ignoring the power of Almighty God.

15. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where do the people fit who have heard Benny and his followers on TV and think of Christians as stupid because of following gurus like him.

16. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

True, I see what you are saying.

On the other hand, some Christians might feel complacent if they believe everyone knows about Jesus. I think that is possibly one reason Jesus said to "go and make disciples." Maybe He knew we might think the job is done if we just thought people had heard about Jesus. Churches need to be planted.

To quote from my own post:

17. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Isn't the real question how many people over 6 do you know that haven't been presented with the gospel message? Having heard about Jesus doesn't really mean much, does it? I mean, I've heard about Allah and Buddah too.

18. Servent

Servent Member

TS, Your forgiven, all I know is what the boy told me.

19. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Servent -

Well, thank you for your forgiveness of my skeptism, but it isn't directed at you, it is directed at the boy.

Note my last paragraph in that quote though.

If there is a boy that is that old who has NOT heard of Christ - and he lives in the United States, every single Christian in the area should be ashamed.

20. bapmom

bapmom New Member

We tend to think of our USA as being fully covered by the gospel. And I know this thread is about people who have actually heard of JESUS, not necessarily the truth of the entire gospel, BUT there are large areas now where there is no gospel-preaching church. HERE in the states.

This is something that we need to wake up and notice. We need to be out there starting new churches, especially in the Midwest. There's alot of "shuffling" from one established ministry to another. We've got to get out there and get those gaps filled in within our own country, as well as in all those other countries.