1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have You Noticed Any Increases in Your Health Care for 2011

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by righteousdude2, Jan 14, 2011.

?
  1. Yes, my rates have increased

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. No, there have been no changes

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. I don't have health care because of the cost

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. I may have to change my way of living because of health care costs

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree completely. There is no reason a business needs to know the medical information of their employees. It should be enough that the employees HAVE a doctor, get regular physicals and are encouraged to join a gym or something like that. I don't want my employer to know about private issues I may have spoken to my doctor about. It's none of their business.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

ACtually, before I changed jobs last fall, the insurance which my employer paid for had changed, and there was more out of the pocket up front. I hated it.

I have a new job now, and I think the co pays on my medications are higher. But the change out is better because of lack of paperwork and plus, I can do the flex thing and have a debit card to pay it.

3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Here's the problem -- preventative care is often covered - now, I think it's mandated to be covered under Obamacare. However, people still don't go to their PCP. They don't get BP screenings, etc. I agree -- this is big brotherish, but there should be some very tight privacy rules --- especially with HIPPA out there. The associated fines are just too big otherwise. My guess is that the employer may know who participates, but not the details. Bottom line though, as costs continue to escalate (and they will) and as long as employers continue to pay the majority of heatlhcare costs for the private sector*, then expect employers to continue to do these types of things.

* Note -- most people probably don't realize this, but the private sector is only a portion of the total healthcare population. About 1/2 of healthcare is already controlled by the government via Medicare and Medicaid.

4. God's Rainbowgal

God's Rainbowgal New Member

I thank God there has been no increase in my healthcare costs.

With already trying to handle regular bills and food costs and maintaining a household on fixed income i don't know if I would be able to afford any more increase in anything.

But I do leave it to the Lord because he has definitely been very good to me:godisgood::thumbs: