1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you read...

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by rlvaughn, Apr 21, 2002.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...Primitive Baptist of the Wiregrass South by John G. Crowley? If so, what did you think?

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where did you find this book Brother Robert and what is it about basically?... Brother Glen [​IMG]

3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother Glen, I don't have the book. It is a quite expensive book (ca. $50), so that's why I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations or comments on it. It is printed by and available from the University Press of Florida. The full title is Primitive Baptists of the Wiregrass South : 1815 to the Present. It is supposed to cover the Baptist split of the early 1800's, and the development and later divisions among Primitive Baptists. The Wiregrass region of the South would be south Georgia, northern parts of Florida and possibly some of south Alabama. The book, I am assuming, deals specifically with Primitive Baptists in that region. I think Mr. Crowley is from that area and possibly a former Primitive Baptist. He is a professor at Valdosta State University.