1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you seen CJ Mahaney is stepping down from Sovereign Grace?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by annsni, Jul 7, 2011.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

http://www.sovereigngraceministries.org/blogs/cj-mahaney/post/Why-Im-taking-a-leave-of-absence.aspx

http://www.sovereigngraceministries.org/blogs/sgm/post/A-note-on-CJ-Mahaneys-leave-of-absence.aspx

Honestly, I have no idea about what these charges are but what does this tell us about being a pastor and being accountable? I highly respect a man who is willing to say "I have been wrong and I may continue to be wrong and I'm going to find out with the help of other godly individuals just where I might be wrong and how to fix it." How willing are we to do such a thing? I know I have a difficult time being wrong and wonder if I would have the humbleness to be able to do this. What do you think?

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

After reading that it reminds me that we should never say never. Whatever his sin I hope for forgiveness and reconciliation in it.

(also praying for Neslon and Charlotte, that is very heartbreaking Ann)

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Seriously. It makes me see that my pride can stand in the way of God working.

Thank you. I just keep weeping for them and I wish I could take this pain away but I can't. I agree with something my mom always said: death stinks.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

never be proud ann, always stand on the brink between pride and almost thinking you're humble, never say never, and cleave to God; Deutoronomy 10:20.

May God bless all of you and that family. :tear:

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I read today (or yesterday) somewhere online to always know that no matter what people think of us, we're even worse than that. LOL I need to remember just my total dependence on God and that anything that I am, it's for HIS glory and not mine. But I just hate to admit I'm wrong. Ask my husband. LOL