1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you served in the Military

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Salty, Dec 17, 2011.

?
  1. US Army

40.0%
  2. US Navy

5.0%
  3. US Marine Corps

5.0%
  4. US Air Force

25.0%
  5. US Coast Guard

5.0%
  6. US National Guard or Reserves- Army or Air

10.0%
  7. I am on active duty or active Reserve/NG/sdtate Guard

5.0%
  8. I served in a combat Zone

20.0%
  9. I served in the military in a country other than the US

15.0%
  10. I was never in the service

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Color of their uniforms?

2. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Scouts have adult leadership. :laugh:

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Well that goes without saying :rolleyes:

4. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Close, the one I heard was that Boy Scouts have adult supervision.

In all seriousness, thank you to all who have served and thank you to those that are currently serving. :thumbs:

5. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

6 years in the Navy 2 med cruises, 1 to the North Atlantic, 1 to the Indian Ocean During Iranian Hostage crisis. Watched the Helos take off for the rescue attempt.

6. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Four and one half years in the USAF (1964-1969).
    Seventeen years in the Tennessee Air National Guard (1988-2005).

While in the REGAF I was at Lackland AFB (outside of San Antonio TX) for basic training. Then I was transferred to Chanute AFB in east central IL (near Champange-Urbana IL) for tech school training [Chanute AFB is now closed]. My first PCS assignment was at Davis-Monthan AFB near Tucson AZ (While there, I was saved at an off base church, April 1966!). My next PCS assingment was at Ramstein AB in what then was West Germany. I had to extend my enlistment for six months in order to get it--otherwise I'd probably wind up in Vietnam. I was an aircraft electrician working primarily on the F4C fighter jets.

After about a 20 year break, I enlisted in the Tennessee Air National Guard's 118th Airlft Wing located at the Nashville International Airport. I signed up as an avionics guidance and control repairman. I took my tech school training at Keesler AFB. Some of my deployments while there included three trips back to Germany (two were at Rhein-Main AB near Frankfurt and one back at my old base at Ramstein AB) and one to Saudi Arabia at King Faisal Royal Saudi Air Force Base near Tabuk (in NW Saudi--about 200 miles from Jerusalem). I retired from my service in January, 2005.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which church did you attend while at Ramstein?

8. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I was at Ramstein AB from 1967-69. Most of the time I was there I attended Bible Baptist Church of Landstuhl (Jerry Briggs, Pastor). When I first attended, it was still a mission (Landstuhl Baptist Mission) off of the Eifel Bible Baptist Church of Bitburg. When we organized into an autonmous Baptist church, we chose to name it BBC of Landstuhl.

Landstuhl is about ten or so miles from Ramstein. Its the home of the Army's Landstuhl Medical Center so consequently most of the members were Army personnel.

I left Ramstein in April of 1969 and don't really know much more of what happened to that church after that. I think it disbanded sometime soon after I left there but am not positive.

[BTW, the aircraft I worked on while in the Tennessee Air National Guard were C-130's.]

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did attend LBBC once - but I lived in Sunny Zwei and was a member of Zweib Bap.

LBBC had a mission in Zweib - but - well thats a long story - if you want all the info, send me an email:smilewinkgrin:

I did find this link for churches in Germany

10. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Never...................................