1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you thought about using your pc to help find a cure for cancer?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Pastork, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Pastork

Pastork New Member

Have you ever thought about using your pc to help find a cure for cancer or a medical therapy to help the Department of Defense fight smallpox?

Perhaps you would like to check out http://www.grid.org/home.htm to find out how you can volunteer your computer as part of a computational chemistry grid developed by Oxford University, IBM, and United Devices. You can download and install the UD Agent for free, and then join in helping to fight these horrible diseases. The program runs as a really cool screensaver and also runs constantly in the background utilizing cpu resources not already in use. I have been running it for weeks and have never noticed any change in the performance of my computer, because the UD Agent backs off whenever any other program is running.

Are there any others here who are already involved in the project? I would like to hear from you.

Pastork

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's extremely disappointing that they don't have a Mac OS X version yet. All of the other major distributed computing projects are available... You would think they would want to get as many people as possible on the project.