1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HCSB is it between the NIV and ESV .

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by A&I, Dec 9, 2006.

1. A&I

A&I New Member

Am I right wrong or close .

2. Keith M

Keith M New Member

you're absolutely right - the H is between the E and the N in the alphabet! (Ouch, gotta get my tongue out of my cheek again! It hurts when I bite it!)

:tongue3: :laugh: :wavey:

Seriously, I have not read enough of the ESV to make valid comment on this. However, I have used the HCSB and the NIV along with more literal translations like the KJV, the NASB and the NKJV. I would say the HCSB is between the NIV and the more literal versions.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously - why would you say that. Making a blanket XYZ statement without some basis isn't that helpful.

Are you saying that its translation style (ESV is very formal equiv and NIV is very dynamic equiv) is inbetween?

Thanks.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doctor Bob , I beg to differ . The ESV is not "very formal" and the NIV is not "very dynamic" . But I would place the HCS in between the last two . The HCS is a lot better than the ESV . I was surprised when the HCS fell out of the top ten list of best selling translations . The TNIV moved into 7th place and the NIV was rated # 1 .