1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'He kept us safe.'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Dec 6, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peggy Noonan:

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think Bush's two greatest accomplishments are what you posted and his two Supreme Court nominees. That is the way I want to remember him, in a positive manner, as the other stuff now is a mute point.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Just curious, how many planes were flown into buildings in the 200+ years before 9/11?

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

:applause: I agree!!!!

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

In a Word:

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Pro 1:30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

Pro 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

Pro 1:32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

Pro 1:33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or the question could be asked this way:
    How many terrorist attacks were made on the USA (here and abroad) during the past 25 years?

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

How many planes were there 200 yrs ago?

8. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Although it is not highly publicized, there was an average of 1 attack per year on American Soil, against American embassies or directed against Americans (such as hijacked/exploded American passenger planes) in the 25 years before Bush took office.

Since he has taken office, there has not been a single attack, that was not a military action against overseas troops/bases in hostile territory (Iraq and Afghanistan).

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't seen too many questions on BB more idiotic than that one...

but people driven by hate will do crazy things.

10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

None. But in the "200+ years before 9/11" a lot. Actually, one plane hit the Empire State Building during WWII but I supposae that's off-topic.

11. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Does 9?11 count, here?

Personally, I consider that a pretty big attack, not only against the US, but considering the nationality of some of the casualties, the single largest terrorist attack several other nations ever experienced against their people, as well.

I agree that, despite his not receiving much credit for it, under the watch of President George W. Bush, 'cowboy,' 'farmer,' and "one who (allegedly) is 'just makin' what he can', outta' the 'oil-bidness'," and who obviously has his share of shortcomings, that given all that, it ain't happened again, with him at the helm of the 'ship of state'!

(Us farmer-types, don't like such stuff happening to us!)

I pray that something like 9/11 never happens again, personally.

BTW, this would be a good place to say that, for whatever reason, both Presidents Clinton and Bush, not to mention the Congress, were apparently greatly mis-lead by a rouge 'intelligence community', intent on keeping their own jobs and influence, and under secrecy, by the so-called 'intelligence' provided our government, regarding some of this. Hopefully, that has been remedied!

President to be - Barack Obama (He will not actually be the "President-elect" until the Electors cast their ballots.), you actually, in all reality, have some pretty big shoes to fill, in this area of 'safety'!

Ed

12. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I suppose you are not referring to Harriet Miers. :thumbs:

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow. It must hurt you a bunch to admit Bush did anything right, doesn't it?

14. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

If you notice the context of the Conversation, it was "other than 9/11".

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'm glad you put it this way because you are absolutely correct. Attacks on America are not always within the continuous 48 states, we are attacked on the sea, embassies and foreign interest. The recent attacks in India where looking for American's. They attacked places where American's and it's allies stay and ask people specifically for American's. It was an attack against America. It is apparent the attacks came from Pakistan in protest to the across the border missions we've been doing.

That's why I made the dumb comment, "how many planes etc..." It is equivalent to the OP shortsighted question. To answer the OP post, we were just attacked in India.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not at all, I have posted in many threads my feelings about the leadership Bush shown in the ruin's of the WTC. I also applaud him for immediately going to Afghanistan where intelligence said the leader was.

I don't know why Ben Laden's family was allowed to leave the country immediately after the attacks but I trust it was a good political decision based on factors too secret to make public.

As Commander and Chief (military leader portion of presidency), my only beef with Bush is Iraq...

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

200+ yrs ago there were a lot of what, planes? which is what I asked.

18. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The other shoe has yet to fall. We will someday see the result of Bush's ill-advised invasion of Iraq.

19. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You're not catching what was said for the second time. The original statement was IN 200+ YEARS. That means from 1808 through 2008.

20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yes, I agree! I think the main thing we need to be protected for is Bush and his failed policies!