1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

he Romeikes Can Stay': Good News for German Home-Schooling Family Denied Asylum

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a dramatic 24-hour turnaround, the German family that could have faced deportation after the Supreme Court didn't take their case yesterday has been granted "indefinite deferred status" by the Department of Homeland Security.

"We're not entirely sure what it all means, but it's definitely good," Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) attorney Jim Mason told CT. "It permits them to stay in the country and work here."

The Romeikes, whose unusual asylum case has pushed persecution boundaries, will be able to stay in the United States permanently, unless they are convicted of a crime, HSLDA chair Michael Farris wrote in a Facebook post that garnered more than 7,000 "likes" in the first hour. HSLDA represents the family.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gl...ood-news-for-german-home-schooling-famil.html

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Germany, it turns out, still has some backward laws. This German family deserved freedom of conscience and I am happy that the USA was able to grant them a right to be here and enjoy freedom of conscience!

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad they can stay, and I hope they can stay forever without any threats of being made to go back to Germany. We need more good folks like this in the USA!

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

And, like it it not, it was the Obama administration who acted to allow them to stay after the Supreme Court refused to hear their plea.

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Consider me cynical, 'cause based on previous decisions by this administration I believe that the "change of heart" was strictly due to some unannounced advantage to the ZERO. Most everything he & his crowd have done has lessened the freedoms and pandered to the "gov't teat suckers" of this society.

So yes, he did something good for a change, but then there is that old saw about a blind hog too!!! :BangHead: