1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Head Transplant and the Soul

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Arbo, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the Pentecostal/Charismatics tell us that the soul is in the gut .... so I guess a head transplant is moot in that regard .... :laugh: :smilewinkgrin:

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

If indeed the human head is the repository of the soul, I would see God not allowing this to succeed.

At any rate while this may present a conundrum for us, to God it would present no difficulty. I'd file it under "things to let other people worry about".:smilewinkgrin:

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Sounds good to me. :flower:

God will draw the boundries that He won't let mankind cross. Including trying to build towers to heaven.

5. 12strings

12strings Active Member

If it works, Then it will be clear that a person's soul is indeed in their brain. If it doesn't, then we may never know.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

This world needs more heart transplants.....out with the stone and in with the flesh..:thumbs:

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Amen to that. The fields are ripe.

#7 saturneptune, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
  8. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I don't know: do they really have the technology to wire the entire body to a different head? Seems a little out of reach.

But then again, I am not a doctor, and I don't play one on the Baptist Board.....

Regards,
    BiR

9. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Calvinist on this board commonly claim God has been performing such transplants (head/heart) as the only way and means to save a soul anyway. Should be nothing new here to them - rip out one soul (heart) and replace it with new one -shouldn't be a problem from the Calvinist perspective; God will simply put the one in that He wants, or not. I'm sure He could discard of any free loader souls trying to tag along. ;)

#9 Benjamin, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
  10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? We have taken a topic about head transplants and turned it into a Calvinist thread?

People need to get a life.

11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, I know exactly where this thinking originated pertaining to transplants:

Rip out the old and replace it.

I was simply agreeing with the above in that this shouldn't be a problem for "some" considering the outcome of a soul and how they believe this takes place.

So, maybe its you Rev that need to get a life and entertain such a thought rather than whine that the thought is there. It is a debate board after all.

12. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surely no shell game we humans play with body parts is going to confuse God from putting things where He's always planned to put them, when He wants to put them there or interfere how He is going to go about performing His own transplants to work His will. :laugh: