1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Healing by Faith

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Brother Bob, May 4, 2006.

1. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Mr 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.

28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?

29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

I've often wondered just how much power could a person receive if they practices just 50% of the "prayer/fasting" of Jesus???

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Amen Brother;

3. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Some of the Pentecostal "annoint with oil", but it's not the oil or the hands, it the "faith", it's so powerful, it can "pluck up trees", move mountains, casting them into the sea. :eek: :D

4. standingfirminChrist

it is not the oil, but the oil is commanded to be used as per the verses above.

I use oil. But I do not dab it on my thumb and touch a person's head, I pour it.

KJV Psalm 133:2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

I believe in the flowing of the oil. Some may find that strange, some may say that the pouring was only on kings and priests, but the fact is the oil is what one is anointed with. Pour it on.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like it...Pour it on!...believe it in your heart...faith...communicate with God...more faith...promises from God...prayer, seen it work...if it be God's will...ask, seek, knock...if ye then being evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall the Heavenly Father give unto those that ASK Him...believe it, pray it, God is good! Amen

And don't forget to humbly thank Him and give Him your love.