1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

healing ministry's

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by massdak, Jan 31, 2003.

1. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

i just heard a women preacher say that take your healing even if you still have all the symptoms rebuke your pain and claim your healing from God, use your faith to everyday weather you are still sick or not to accept your healing from God. saying you can write your own ticket today from your head to your toe you can receive healing using your faith. say it, claim it, believe it, take it ,because it is yours. the emotion at that TV service was like a women in mourning.
    is this biblical?

2. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Absoutly NOT!
    Thats like using God to get what you want, money, superior health, makes God your personal genie in a lamp. As long as He puts out you'll believe in Him. What happens when God chooses not to heal?

4. Randall S

Randall S New Member

I agree!

According to that belief, if you have faith, can God choose not to heal?

Randall

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

God can choose to do whatever He wants to do, whatever accomplishes His purposes for us. That would just be too easy wouldn't it. If someone does not get healed they don't have enough faith. Just think how much that would destroy someones faith in God. I've seen it happen too. We do not earn God blessings, whether that blessing be health, finical, whatever, we do not earn it, God blesses who He will bless, and it's not based on us, but Him. Our faith does not control God, you said if you have faith, can God choose not to heal? , if that were true, we would be in control of God. God would not be able to choose not to heal.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That doctrine is the result of poor teaching and misunderstanding the nature and action of God. Followers form a sad, cultic group that must be greatly discouraged.

God heals. YHWH Rophe. PTL.

My faith doesn't heal.
    Ignoring my pain and claiming healing is cultic.

I've met many who wept over battles with cancer, saying they just didn't have enough faith for God to heal them. It was all their fault.

How sad and debilitating to the Christian walk to go about living in defeat and despair because you just aren't "good enough" to get healed. :eek:

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

Agree with Dr. Bob, exactly!

8. Mrs. Ekie

Mrs. Ekie New Member

My fist concern when I read this was a "woman preacher." Men are the leaders and preachers. This is scriptural. Women are to keep silent in the church. I know this offends some, but it is not my opinion, it is from the scriptures.

If an "evangelist" or "preacher" is not acting in accordance with the scripture, then this person should be viewed as a false prophet.

Yes, our Lord has the power to heal. Read the New Testament and it is all over the place. Praise the Lord!! Pray to our Lord, he does have the power to heal any affliction. The stripes Christ took were directly for healing power.

All things work together for the glory of the Lord. Healing is not based on one's faith or goodness, it is a gift from the Lord and one that works for HIS glory. We cannot comprehend why he choses to heal some and not others, we can only trust in his word and know that all is in his divine control.

9. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

How much faith did Lazarus have when Jesus healed him from a pretty severe case of dead?

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now THAT is funny, Artimaeus! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

James laid out the instructions for healing, concerning the calling together of the Elders and annointing with oil, that is certainley biblical.

However the Word of Faith movement seem to make up there own rules as they go along. The way to deal with the WOF movement is to make them show you everything they do in the bible.

Interestingly Enough, Kenneth Copeland who is one of the leaders of the group has been asked to come onto the John Ankerberg show to answer questions from the bible. So far he refuses, the same offer is made to all the popular word of faith teachers, but still no takers,

Work that out.

If your intersted, here is the address for the John Ankerberg Show, http://www.ankerberg.com/

12. Pete

Pete New Member

What can I say but "AMEN!" to all of the above [​IMG]

Pete

13. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO, Absolutely not.
    Dr Bob's comments are good.
    It is biblical to pray for the sick, but healing is an act of God, done when and if He so wills. Many christians have illnesses that they live with for much of this earthly life. (from Paul's 'thorn in the flesh' onwards?)

Regards
    Bob

14. Randall S

Randall S New Member

kate B...007
    My point exactly, and thanks Dr. Bob for your explanation.

Randall

15. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I agree totally! I do not believe in the "name it and claim it" philosophy.

I received an instantaneous healing for something I had not even prayed about except to say, "Thy will be done".

On the other hand, I watched my 15-year-old daughter go through a bout with cancer and lose her leg. I prayed for her healing ALL the time! She was anointed with oil and prayed for by the elders. There were people all across the country praying for her.

Did not even ONE of those 'prayer warriors' have enough faith for my daughter to be healed? Yes, they did.

I knew that God could heal her if He chose. I also accepted the fact that if He chose not to...it was for a reason.

God spared her life and, (of course she would like to have two legs); but she has accepted God's will gracefully and because her personality is what I can only desribe as 'bubbly' she devotes much of her time being a blessing to many other cancer patients.

As a result of the intense therapy treatments and surgeries; she was told she could never have a child (that one was a bit harder to deal with). Guess what? She has given birth to three beautiful, healthy children!

God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to behold. God is good... all the time!

[​IMG]
    Sue

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

sever case of dead LOL [​IMG]

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thats usually my thoughts, first off she demonstrates she does not understand scripture by the fact she is a preacher.

18. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thats usually my thoughts, first off she demonstrates she does not understand scripture by the fact she is a preacher. </font>[/QUOTE]very good points made here

19. hrhema

hrhema New Member

There has been a lot of gospel singers who got caught up in their pasts with the name it claim it mentality who have found out this is not the way God really works.

Vestal Goodman is a woman of faith. God healed her in her first pregnancy when she nearly died of blood pressure problems but her son was born and even though doctors said she could not have more children she had a daughter with no problem. He healed her of a major heart problem and even cancer but her two brother in laws who sang in the group, was not healed. Rusty died of Cancer and Sam of Emphysema.

The same with the Hinson family. Many healing miracles in that family but Kenny died of cancer.

I had an uncle healed of TB but years later died of cancer. My Dad was healed of cancer of the kidneys but years later died of lung cancer.
    My wife has been healed twice of cancer but God has not healed her of sinus infections. God healed me miraculously at birth and has healed me many other times but he has not healed me of diabetes and blood pressure problems.

God does heal and yes faith does play into it but
    because God chooses not to heal does not mean the person has no faith or living in sin.

Even though I don't agree with these groups tactics I also believe if preachers taught faith and that God does really perform miracles and does heal. I know for a fact that it never is preached in the Baptist churches I have attended.
    O they will secretly go and pray for someone but act like it is something to be ashamed of.

It bothers me that there are more Baptists who do not believe that God can heal versus those who believes he can.

20. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

i dont see it your way. i believe most baptist will pray for healing or grace but they will leave it up to God to answer the prayer either God will heal them or He may not heal them. i believe most baptist know that God can heal and will heal but it is up to God .