1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Health issue

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by spurgeon2004, Jun 17, 2004.

1. spurgeon2004

spurgeon2004 New Member

I am 36 years old and recently went to the doctor and was diagnosed with pneumonia but was told I have neoplasm in the lung and calcified granuloma. Has anybody had any thing like this and is everything ok now. I have a son who is 11 and a wife. Please respond.

2. LauraB

LauraB New Member

3. spurgeon2004

spurgeon2004 New Member

please somebody please reply. I am pastor.

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Did the Doctor seem to think it was a major issue?

5. delly

delly New Member

granuloma: Nodular lesions caused by an organized inflammatory response to the TB bacilli, often becoming calcified.

Spurgeon, from what I can find out, this isn't major. It seems you may have had an infection at some time and it calcified at the site. I think this is something like scar tissue.

Here is some more on this subject.

Granuloma, calcified: A calcified granuloma is a granuloma containing calcium deposits. Since it usually takes some time for calcium to be deposited in a granuloma, it is generally assumed that a calcified granuloma is an old granuloma.

Go to http://www.medterms.com/
    and type in granuloma.
    http://www.medterms.com/

6. spurgeon2004

spurgeon2004 New Member

what is neoplasm in the lung this worrys me or is it associated with pneumonia or is it a granuloma that is yet calcified.

7. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Spurgeon,

I don't know what neoplasm is, but I think it would be worth making another appointment with your doctor to get more information about this condition.

Over here we have a NHS helpline we can phone with medical queries, have you anything similar over there? What about contacting a medical charity which deals with lung problems?

Is there not a nurse at your doctor's surgery who could answer your questions?

Just trying to make some suggestions so that you get the information you seek.

I will be praying for you.

God Bless

Sheila

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sorry I can't help Spurgeon, but I am totally unfamiliar with the problem. I can pray though.

9. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spurgeon2004, shame on you!

You should be asking these questions to your doctor or someone that knows more about your particular health history!

Trying to get information about your specific health concerns by quizzing the internet is hit and miss, with a major emphasis on the miss.

I would highly suggest:

1). Writing your questions and concerns down on a sheet of paper.
    2). Schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor
    3). Bring your wife with you, and ask your doctor what the diagnosis means.
    4). And certainly don't panic about a diagnosis that is as non-specific as you listed in the OP.
    5). Lastly, (should have been first) Pray for the the peace our caring and loving God gives to those who are His children.

This will be a learning process for you that perhaps you can use with your congregation in the future.

Rob

10. following-Him

I don't really think Spurgeon needs a lecture. Some prayful support and encouragement would go a long way tho'.

It is easy to criticise when one is not in that kind of situation. I wonder how you would cope if you were ill.

Sheila

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

While your advice may be wise Deacon, I think you could have used a kinder spirit.

12. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It did come off as kind of tough, sorry.

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Deacon is a nurse and has chided me for over reacting before. I know his heart is in the right place.

Now.... this sounds VERY serious to me! I'm assuming you've been given another doctor to see. The search under neoplasm points to serious issues.

I'll still be praying Spurgeon!

Diane

14. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

I or someone could tell you what neoplasm of the lung is, no it is not caused by pneumonia, but I think that you need to talk more with your doctor. Never leave a physicians office with questions, especially not questions such as what was he talking about? The physicians job is not only to diagnose you but to counsel you and your family about the possible conditions and treatments of your illnesses. schedule another appointment and stop worrying over such things. did you not know that God has his hand on you preacher?

15. spurgeon2004

spurgeon2004 New Member

Yes, I know God has his hand on me but still nervous about everything. This diagnosis was a differential diagnosis that stated pneumonia and neoplasm. I havn't seen the lung doctor yet will see him tomorrow. My ear, nose and throat doctor said it was probably not cancer but the pneumonia. I am ready to go but not on the next load.neoplasm simply means a new growth. The thought of a cancer at 36 seems a little unusal to me especially in the lung when I don't even smoke.

16. following-Him

Spurgeon,

I am praying for you. Please let us know how it goes with the doctor tomorrow?

God Bless

Sheila

17. following-Him

Spurgeon hasn't posted since he had his appointment with the doctor and I am concerned for him.

I hope you all will join with me in upholding him in prayer at this time.

Thank You and God Bless you

Sheila

18. spurgeon2004

spurgeon2004 New Member

The doctor gave me a real good report it was only Pneumonia and a touch of asthma that I have had since I was a child. My blood pressure and heart rate however are elevated. Please continue to pray for me.

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

That is GREAT news Spurgeon. BTW... the bp and heart rate can be elevated by the meds they're giving you or just from anxiety of waiting for the medical report. I'd watch it for a while... God is Good!

Diane

20. following-Him

Spurgeon,

It is so good to hear from you.

God Bless

Sheila